Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fresh IA 16 Build [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am right there with you on that one, even the TriRig extensions don't have enough up turn for me for long course. I don't think you lose a lot with ski bends in terms of aero. I did trim about 2.5 cm from tips of these for better fit. I will weight the bike tonight as well as my soon to be sold SC.
Quote Reply
Re: Fresh IA 16 Build [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which bottle set up is that up front.

Oh and nice bike.....lol. I have a IA16 and those are some tasty upgrades!!
Quote Reply
Re: Fresh IA 16 Build [blackadder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is the BTA mount that comes with the Alpha bars. I was going to buy a IA10 frameset, but once I started getting serious I was able to find a IA16 for close to the same price with components. So I have all the new take-offs to either sell and more than make the difference or keep to mount on a cheaper frame for trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember reading somewhere in this huge thread now that stages or garmin vector won't fit the IA, which one is it?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ngarrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vector definitely fits,so possibly stages?
Last edited by: clydecat: Aug 9, 16 21:44
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ngarrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some of the early builds came with a Shimano 105 rear brake that had the cable really close to the crank arm. Now they are using a center pull rear brake so it's not a problem.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Fresh IA 16 Build [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
That looks fantastic. The Tririg cockpit is probably my next upgrade. Then, I will eventually do the Di2 upgrade. I really like the bars you put on it. I am not liking the Felt "f" bend bars-- I think my hands natural comfortable position is more the ski bend shape.

Why didn't you just buy the IA 10? I'm asking because I'm moving from B12 to IA. The 16 price is nice. The 10 Di2 is very nice.

Quote | Reply
It is kind of a meandering story, but it is pure budget and economics. In December, I signed up for an HIM in April at the encouragement of a few friends. I went in thinking one-and-done. I had not ridden a bike in about 25 years. My plan was to ride my old road bike. But, as I get into the training, I realized that I really missed the riding and I was getting excited about doing more than just the one race.

So, then I started looking for used bikes. There were few to no reasonable used bikes around me or in ST in the winter. A friend pointed me to Felt, and I was thinking that I would get the B14-- that is an incredible value for a pretty fast and well equipped bike. But, when I went to the Felt shop, I saw the IA 16 and fell in love. None of this was remotely in my budget, so the $3K spend for the IA 16 was an unplanned cash outlay. The IA 10 is an amazing value for a super bike design and Di, but that was another $2K that I did not want to spend at that time. And, in retrospect, I am glad that I did. I since spent the cash on wheels, power meter, aero helmet, tri suit, and a few other items that gave me more bang for the buck than the IA 10's Di. In another 15 months, I will likely have the mechanical equivalent of the IA 10 on the IA 16 frame. But I am still good with that, because I prefer the red/black color scheme of the IA 16.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can any Felt IAx owners confirm if other standard stems are compatible? Other than the Felt 115 and Tririg
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [496er] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as I know, there are no others..but I don't know much

To dumb to quit
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [496er] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
496er wrote:
Can any Felt IAx owners confirm if other standard stems are compatible? Other than the Felt 115 and Tririg

Search thread; I've posted several times on stems I know are comparable, as well as ones I conjecture to be.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Synnove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Synnove wrote:
??? Do you have a picture of this?

It's been a while, but I didn't forget. Shiv fuel cell on IA

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Last edited by: way2sloow: Aug 18, 16 16:31
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those that are running the TriRig Omega on a Felt IAx, does the brake have enough clearance to run a wide rim aero wheel?

I mounted the Enve SES 6.7 and adjusting the OEM brake at max width did not provide sufficient clearance. I eventually grinded down the brake pads to get clearance on the rim.

http://www.abbeybiketools.com
Last edited by: JShipman: Aug 19, 16 6:26
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [JShipman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Omega X front and rear on my IA with Flow 2016 CC 60/90 wheels. The specs say the rims are 24.4mm wide. I have more than enough brake clearance. I am running 4000s II 25mm tires, and I can easily remove the wheels without an in-line quick-release or barrel adjuster. (I have the brakes reasonably tight, but not so tight that the tire will not clear. They are a very good fit overall.)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
I have the Omega X front and rear on my IA with Flow 2016 CC 60/90 wheels. The specs say the rims are 24.4mm wide. I have more than enough brake clearance. I am running 4000s II 25mm tires, and I can easily remove the wheels without an in-line quick-release or barrel adjuster. (I have the brakes reasonably tight, but not so tight that the tire will not clear. They are a very good fit overall.)

Thanks for the information.

http://www.abbeybiketools.com
Last edited by: JShipman: Aug 19, 16 7:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone seen anything like this on your Felt IA 10, IA 14, or IA 16?

This is a broken stem bracket-- the bracket on the back side of the stem that secures the stem to the steer tube. It spontaneously broke during my last race, and I discovered the loose stem & handlebars after the race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yikes, dodge a bullet there. Just curious if they were shop mounted...torque. It only takes a few of these to lead to a recall unless out of spec.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe that it is shop mounted. I do not think it could ship this way, with the bars and stem installed at the factory. I suspect it was over-torqued as well. I found one other bolt that was over-torqued. I am planning a torque recheck tonight.

On the way to the shop to get a replacement and discuss...
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [JShipman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have Enve 7.8s and omega X brakes and they have plenty of clearance.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, Before sorry for the translation but I'm French . I just bought a Felt IA16 and a pair of Magura RT8 TT and as many know it takes an adapter for the rear brake. But I found nothing on the Internet ...
The reference is this: S140700011 So if you know someone or a store on the Internet that sells let me know .
thank you in advance
Once finished I would present my project ;)
Kévin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to see that broken bracket. Hope you didn't go down. It is not factory installed. I saw my bike come out of the box and the bars and stem are not installed.

Anyway, I'm here to claim top speed om an IAxx. Since yesterday was a race day and the bike was set up with the Hed3/disc, I headed for "the hill" with my Giro A2 and regular bike clothes. The hill starts out shallow then drops off. I came over the shallow part at 34. By the time I sat up for the "S" curves I hit 53.4 mph.

A small side wind hit me at around 45 but it wasn't bad and it was smooth sailing the rest of the way down.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, I did not go down. I got a replacement bracket yesterday, and I broke that when I was installing it. I was using a brand new Shimano Pro torque wrench I bought expressly for this purpose. So, now I am mystified a bit. I do not like the bracket design, because it is too thin across the top for the force it must sustain. I re-tightened the second, now broken, bracket to the 5 Nm spec, and checked it all out. I feels very secure. I am confident that it is OK now, because the bracket is less than 180° of the steer tube, so it is still applying significant tightening force across the bottom and sides of the steer tube. A third bracket is on order.

This will likely accelerate my plans to replace the cockpit with a Tririg Alpha X.

Wow to your max speed. My max was 42.6 MPH two weeks ago in the Lake Logan Half. And that was a little bit scary. I no longer revel in high speeds. I could not imagine 53.4 MPH.

I have signed up for a sprint next week, and I am very much looking forward to what the IA can do. I have it dialed-in pretty well. I plan to redline the whole way, and I hope I can ride >23 MPH.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Aug 21, 16 11:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bike impresses me with every race or ride. I have been rocking the 65/69 age group all year in local races. In a race with 300 entries on Saturday I had the 36th best bike split, and I'm an old fart!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone having front derailleur problems? I have an IA10 set up with ult di2 and my front derailleur has been requiring frequent tweaks to stop the cage from rubbing on the chain. My LBS thinks that the front derailleur hanger isn't strong enough to handle my torque (humble brag) and is flexing or bending. Anyone else? Just reached out to Felt...we'll see what they say.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [srev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been riding the bike since March and with my meager torque, it hasn't been a problem.

I think the guy at your LBS is full of crap and should go take a class on how to adjust a front derailleur!

Quote Reply

Prev Next