Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck in the 70.3. This bike is a blast to race. It's freakin fast, it also draws a lot of attention. I haven't had ''the cool bike'' since I got my QR Kilo in '96. This is fun. I tell people ''I'm and old guy, I need all the help I can get''!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Need some help... I'm trying to get a cobb JOF 55 saddle to be -2.5cm saddle tip behind the BB. I've got the saddle pushed all the way backwards on the rails, but I'm only at -1.0cm behind BB. Is there anyway to get the additional 1.5 cm?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10 [madcapper2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the seatpost in the forward or rear setback position.

Isn't the post flipable to get more setback?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10 [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if it's flippable. How can I tell?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
felt seems to indicate it is able to be flipped around.

https://www.felt-stuff.com/...seatpost-fesp13.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That link makes it look like it should be, but this actual seat post is squared off on the back side and more oval on the front side matching the frame. I don't think it's flippable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's only on the IaX and not the iaXX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zachboring wrote:
felt seems to indicate it is able to be flipped around.

https://www.felt-stuff.com/...seatpost-fesp13.html

There is nothing flippable about the seatpost. The linked site does say 25mm forward-25 rearward. Maybe it is the clamps that are reversible. I can't check my bike. It's upstate right now.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tried flipping the clamp 180 degrees but no change. Why is this so hard?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its not flippable
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its not flipable, its just bad copy paste from the AR seatpost details

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10 [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there any way to get the saddle more rearwards? I would think that there are many people who's saddle tip is more than -1cm behind the bottom bracket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
I just received the QR Qbox size 56 for my size 56 IA. Unfortunately I left the bike at my Upstate house and won't be back up there until next week. It looks like it will solve my storage issues and I'll just put the Calpac cover back on.

Could you get a photo to show how this fits please? Interested in doing the same thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you got one of the new QR boxes (after waiting 4 months) then the sizing doesnt match the IA. I originally ordered a 54 Qbox for my 54 IA10 and it was way too big (too tall above the top tube and too long to fit between the wheel and the seattube. I re-ordered a 48/50 and that actually fits well to where its flush to the top tube, but the mounting for it is completely flunky. There is a recessed channel with some really thin plastic where you attach the bolts into the rear seat tube posts and I checked them after a day with just secure torque and the plastic is warping/derforming. I wouldnt trust this out on the road for 10 minutes with snapping off, so unfortunately I think this box is a no go for this bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10 [TPerkin2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had one backordered from TriSports for months. Got a call yesterday that QR had changed the sizing on this generation of boxes and asked what size QR I had so they could ship the right one. Wasn't excited to extend this experience out by playing guinea pig. Cancelled my order and will wait for the Felt ones down the road. My season is coming to an end in a few months anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10 [TPerkin2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TPerkin2000 wrote:
If you got one of the new QR boxes (after waiting 4 months) then the sizing doesnt match the IA. I originally ordered a 54 Qbox for my 54 IA10 and it was way too big (too tall above the top tube and too long to fit between the wheel and the seattube. I re-ordered a 48/50 and that actually fits well to where its flush to the top tube, but the mounting for it is completely flunky. There is a recessed channel with some really thin plastic where you attach the bolts into the rear seat tube posts and I checked them after a day with just secure torque and the plastic is warping/derforming. I wouldnt trust this out on the road for 10 minutes with snapping off, so unfortunately I think this box is a no go for this bike.

This sounds identical to the mounting system for the old one. I also have the 48/50 one on my size 51 IA, and it is snug but just clears the tire. My experience is that the box is very secure, despite seeing a little warping. I did roughly four miles of accidental off-roading on my bike (washed-out road covered in crumbling asphalt and dirt, whoops) - and the box was fine.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10 [Jwizzle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if someone can help. I just took delivery of my IA14 and in the box of bits that came with it is a black metal piece which looks like it would fit below the stem on top of the headset. It matches the shape of the headtube perfectly so I'm wondering if my bike shop should have fitted it. Or is it just if my fit requires it? Anyone have any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10 [jamo1080] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That piece is meant to be used if you use a 3rd party stem. The factory stem has a built in dust cover that is already the shape of the headtube.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10 [tristorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brilliant thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Fresh IA 16 Build [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished this today, built a cable stop (nylon spacer) inside Tririg stem for brake noodle and used existing small hole that is in front of intended cable exit to get brake line feed to Omega versus housing (no drilling). A little preload on Omega wedge to keep line taut. 3 port Di2 in head tube compartment with 2 B connections inside Alpha Stem, pretty clean front end; may trim extension once I ride some more to nail fit. Hoping Felt comes up with some frame accessories for storage...

Quote Reply
Re: Fresh IA 16 Build [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice bike. What do you think of the ride.

Last edited by: Sweeney: Aug 8, 16 4:19
Quote Reply
Re: Fresh IA 16 Build [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As compared to 2012 SC it feels plusher and a little less twitchy. I did pack a Roubaix Pro 25-8 on the rear for training which helps soak it up. I haven't weighed it yet but it actually feels lighter than the Trek. I will get a long ride on next weekend on a variety of terrain, so I will know more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, very stable, especially in the wind. I was also surprised by the weight. I was calling it the "heavy artillery" until I weighed it; 19 lbs with training wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks fantastic. The Tririg cockpit is probably my next upgrade. Then, I will eventually do the Di2 upgrade. I really like the bars you put on it. I am not liking the Felt "f" bend bars-- I think my hands natural comfortable position is more the ski bend shape.
Quote Reply

Prev Next