Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fussiness of the cage was the issue that I had in mind. I hadn't considered reach as a limiter (pretty long armed myself).

A Torhans flat kit would be a good use, but then we're just looking at a low tech version of what the SC has. Plus, I was trying to think of more diverse uses than repair kit.
Hopefully the aftermarket will step up and create something a little more fitted, I can't understand why Felt won't put a few people on it.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe something like the seat tube box on the new Orbea

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jul 21, 15 8:32
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy awkward looking. I would think something shallower and taller could be designed which would likely be more aero, no?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, if it went any lower, it would interfere with the Omega X brake

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It could go lower and sit right above and fill in that area just above the rear brake a bit better.

It would also look better if it followed the same lines at the top tube
Last edited by: BMANX: Jul 21, 15 11:35
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully XLAB, Torhans, Profile Design, and others will come up with something

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

I do wonder how the bottle mounts are positioned on the seat tube. Are they always a set distance below the top tube no matter the frame size? Or are they always the same distance above the seat stays regardless the frame size? Or do the vary based on the frame size? If they are based off the seatstays, then I think one design could fit snuggly down low following the tire ala speedconcept draft box. If they are positioned off the top tube, if only one box is designed maybe on large sizes it would look like the Ordu and small sizes be close to the tire. When I look at that Ordu I see a box designed to work on the smallest frame, but mounted to a large frame. You see this on the speedconcept where on the small sizes the top of the box is above the top tube and large sizes the top of the box is below the top tube, but medium it lines up perfectly.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
BryanD wrote:

I do wonder how the bottle mounts are positioned on the seat tube. Are they always a set distance below the top tube no matter the frame size? Or are they always the same distance above the seat stays regardless the frame size? Or do the vary based on the frame size? If they are based off the seatstays, then I think one design could fit snuggly down low following the tire ala speedconcept draft box. If they are positioned off the top tube, if only one box is designed maybe on large sizes it would look like the Ordu and small sizes be close to the tire. When I look at that Ordu I see a box designed to work on the smallest frame, but mounted to a large frame. You see this on the speedconcept where on the small sizes the top of the box is above the top tube and large sizes the top of the box is below the top tube, but medium it lines up perfectly.

The seat angle seems to fit properly for the SC rear box. Wonder if Dave can chime in as to whether the P5-6 fork/aduro/magura fits? The rear brake (Shimano post rather than single hole) would be a problem, of course....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"new reigning king of superbikes"

....but it is *really* any faster?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The p5 beard and brake covers likely wouldn't clear the bulged out headtube. The fork should fit though.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the problem with the SC draft box and the felt will be the seat stays. Trek's are much higher-which hide the box. Felts are much lower.

Great thought though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotta save money for this new bike.
Damn it's nice looking bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Me_XMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I wonder when they will be posting the geometry specs on the new IA. I have to assume they will be slightly different from the original IA models?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone seen an image of the new Felt IA16 yet? Only images I can find on the internet are from the IA10 and IA14. I really like the looks of the IA14 but I think it is a satin/matte finish on the bike and after a matte black / grey road bike I promised myself never to buy a bike with a matte finish again…….pita to keep it clean.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [siemons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I expect it will also be a matte finish since all of the other versions (I believe) have that satin/matte finish.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [siemons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are no images as its release date is waaaay off in the future. Not out until spring 2016. That's the rumours I read anyway.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it was January 2016 on the IA16 and December of this year for the IA10 and IA14? I could be wrong.
http://aerogeeks.com/2015/07/16/a-new-felt-a-new-line-up-first-look/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay. Just have to wait then. Hopefully the new IA’s will be at the Eurobike show.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keqwow wrote:
Yeah, I wonder when they will be posting the geometry specs on the new IA. I have to assume they will be slightly different from the original IA models?

have a look at the article on the front page. they're a little lower which is very handy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're probably right because I was going off memory. Looks like with age it's getting fuzzy. I'm also only following this story a bit as I've already got myself an IA ;) I think it's going to be great for folks to get their hands on these new models. This bike is a rod of lightening!!!

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheduled for a fit and pre-order this Wednesday, I'll see if I can get more info from the dealer!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SBR28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave, why are there no bottle bosses on the seat post of the IA? This looks like a wonderful idea and seems weird to not include it on the flagship bike. Or is there something we are missing? 😉
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [kscheiris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kscheiris wrote:
SuperDave, why are there no bottle bosses on the seat post of the IA? This looks like a wonderful idea and seems weird to not include it on the flagship bike. Or is there something we are missing? 😉

Bottle bosses on the seatpost could prevent the post from sliding in and out of the frame and would require significant exposed seatpost to allow both bosses to be used.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe he meant seat tube rather than seat post? I haven't looked at the flagship IA.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Emma'sDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, my mistake, I did mean seat tube. From the pictures of the FRD with the new logo, I can't see any bosses.

Also is the IA1 frameset still going to be a thing?
Quote Reply

Prev Next