Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
test wrote:
How about Dimind that everyone is blowing their load over and is right near the top in terms of pricing?

What does this have to do with bikes and storage integration?

Sorry for my initial language.

I was trying to point out that the Felt IAxx isnt alone in being a new bike that is popular and has a lot things going for it but is lacking integrated storage options.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I just got my new IA 16 and it has a very strange crank. It's a120/90mm bcd 4 arm All the pictures I have seen of the bike online have a 110bcd. The reason this is a problem for me is I want to add rotor q rings. I ordered 5 arm 110 bcd rings going on what was in photos. Now will need to change the whole crankset. Do they all come with this crank. Could not find it on fsa website either.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Slow joe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slow joe wrote:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I just got my new IA 16 and it has a very strange crank. It's a120/90mm bcd 4 arm All the pictures I have seen of the bike online have a 110bcd. The reason this is a problem for me is I want to add rotor q rings. I ordered 5 arm 110 bcd rings going on what was in photos. Now will need to change the whole crankset. Do they all come with this crank. Could not find it on fsa website either.

Mine is 5 bolt FSA, I think 110. Can you post a picture?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anybody had any issues with fitting wheels?

If I miss the FLO sale, I may end up getting some unbranded wheels for a while. I'm just wondering if I should expect any issues?

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The IAxx has plenty of clearance. If you look through this thread, you will see pictures with Flo or other wide wheels.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes sure it is fsa but 120 bcd and 4 arm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi for some reason I can't get hone to upload photos, it says file to big. The crank is a 4 arm fsa 120/90bcd 50 34 tooth. Very annoying as can't get q rings to match.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually photo is attached in jpeg. Great
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the Omega crankset stock on a Giant I bought a few years ago. Honestly, I'd replace it. Only crankset I've ever had that the pedal threads somehow stripped, very low quality. And it sounds like it won't work with your chainrings you want to use. Throw that sucker on ebay and replace with anything else (make sure to get correct one for the bottom bracket type, of course)
Last edited by: SBRcoffee: Jun 23, 16 5:11
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
BryanD wrote:
test wrote:
How about Dimind that everyone is blowing their load over and is right near the top in terms of pricing?

What does this have to do with bikes and storage integration?

Sorry for my initial language.

I was trying to point out that the Felt IAxx isnt alone in being a new bike that is popular and has a lot things going for it but is lacking integrated storage options.

I agree, Dimond is missing those things as well. I didn't originally mention them as they aren't a mass produced bike like the others. And despite the initial excitement, I don't think too many people right now are excited about the 7k US price tag of the bare Dimond frame.
Quote Reply
IA 10 price [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting fit next week for my first tri bike and secretly hoping I fit well on an ia10. Anyone getting movement on the price, or is it more of just getting extra crap thrown in? Any clues of what to ask for? Fit comes with a year of free adjustments. Already have hed jet 6 wheels, p1 pedals, wetsuit, bag, pretty much everything save for an aero helmet.
Thanks in advance for the advice.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rinny's latest photo of her bike below. Storage wedge is a prototype that hopefully makes it to production soon.

Quote Reply
Re: IA 10 price [Willi3ja] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My experience in my market was that Felt still has pretty good pricing control over the IA models with local shops. Though, there are only two shops near me who offer Felt. Mine did the fit for free if I bought the bike. The other shop offered a discount off the bike purchase, up to the cost of the fit. They were net about the same.

The negotiating challenge I ran into is that there really is not a strong performance alternative to the Felt IA at a competitive price. All of the alternatives in that class were more money. And, the IA10 may be even tougher, because that may be one of the few DI2 bikes on the market at the $5K price point.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is on the top of the calpac? I also wonder why she has the XLAB Aero Pouch when she has the custom Felt thing in the downtube.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jun 23, 16 7:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the top of a profile design aero bottle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But why is it on top of the Calpac?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the looks of the trim she is no longer sponsored by Profile Design, but rather Xlabs now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've designed a storage box much like the one on the downtube of Rinny's bike. Awaiting 3D print production for the next 1.5 weeks.

Felt IA Calpac mods on Shapeways:
800ml Specialized Fuelselage (XS/S)
1000ml Specialized Fuelselage (M/L/XL)
DIY cover
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Fluc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And this will be a game changer! Fluc's mod for the Fuelselage looks great, and i finally found one so will hopefully try this out soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

I'm assuming so she can refill a presumably custom internal hydration system.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
srev wrote:
Just FYI...TriSports' website says the QBoxes will be back in stock late June/early July depending upon what size and color you want. Just ordered.

They said the same thing about May 5. It never happened. I cancelled my order.

Just heard back from TriSports. QBoxes should be in stock and shipping between now and early next week. Get em while they're hot.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [srev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week they told me they would be shipping yesterday. In fact for the past 5 months they have told me "we just spoke to the manufacturer about this product and they will be arriving in a few weeks" I wouldn't hold your breath
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
BryanD wrote:

I'm assuming so she can refill a presumably custom internal hydration system.

Bingo, you got it. When I zoomed it in, it shows;

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting comparison today. Last week I did a hilly 57 mile ride along Long Island's North Shore on my Colanago road bike; sub 18 pounds, non aero frame with Zipp 404 alu wheels. The bigger hills are in the first half of the ride and my legs started to bother me at around 32 miles. When I finished, I was pretty trashed.

Today I took my IA16 around the same course. This bike weighs at least 22 lbs and had 32 spoke training wheels. Aero wins again. The IA was 10 minutes faster, it didn't start to feel it until I was over 40 miles and I finished feeling pretty good.

I know it would have been better if I switched over the Zipps, but it wasn't supposed to be a test. I really just wanted to see how I would feel.

IA for the win!

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Fluc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fluc wrote:
I've designed a storage box much like the one on the downtube of Rinny's bike. Awaiting 3D print production for the next 1.5 weeks.

Looking forward to it. Thanks for your effort and ingenuity !!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next