Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any tips on storing spares, tools, levers etc in the draft box and have them not rattle around? Wrap them in an old tube, velcro them together.....?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
Anyone have any tips on storing spares, tools, levers etc in the draft box and have them not rattle around? Wrap them in an old tube, velcro them together.....?

Old sock but if it's rattling you clearly haven't put enough stuff in yet.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the response.

We tried putting a shorter stem with a much greater upwards angle. The problem is the steer tube is cut just short enough to accomodate the stock stem. Are there third party stems out there that are shorter than 90mm with a fair bit of angle upwards that'll fit on this bike?

Is the steering tube something cut at the factory or the bike shop?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [bbqdbanana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure the steerer tubes are cut in the "slammed" position at the factory. But I'm not sure what stem might work, sorry.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey folks can someone please remind me of the exact bearing size needed for the ia BB30 bottom bracket (for SRAM BB30 crank if it matters)??
Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a small crown royal bag. put your gear in that and in the box

"If you want to experience all of the successes and pleasure in life, you have to be willing to accept all the pain and failure that comes with it"
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Project Completed!

I bought the 2018 IA16 late 2017 and went with the bottom end because I wanted to eventually add the components of my choice. To be honest it turned out that the low end mechanical group and stock bars actually served well, but I still wanted to complete the upgrade. I think I am finally done and everything and only the frame remains as the original. Got to take it out yesterday for a 40 mile spin and loved how smooth and easy the shifts were. Nice when needing to make multiple gear changes just to lightly press down on a Clic and hear it shift quickly.

Was it necessary to make these updates? No! IMO - for those on a tight budge the bike in stock form was a good bike. For me I am really happy to look down and not see a mess of cables and the desire to upgrade things eats at me. :-) The bike did feel fast yesterday. Can't wait to get more fit and see what this thing will do.

TriRig Omega X - front and back
TriRig Alpha One
SRAM etap aero group with Clics on the extensions. (no blips installed)
Quarq Riken with new SRAM Yaw 11spd 52/36 chainrings (swapped from old bike)
SRAM TT990
Flo 60 (swapped from old bike)
Speedfil Z4 BTA cage and computer mount
Sunrace CSRX1 11-28 cassette
Wheels MFG ABEC3 BB30 to GXP bottom bracket
Cobb 55 saddle

Last edited by: Felt_Rider: Apr 22, 19 4:08
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The IA and Alpha One are such a beautiful match.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice. Yours is nearly identical to mine with the same path and initial conclusions-- that 105 is really good as it is. I just went with Di2 instead of eTap. (And I originally had FLO wheels too.)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
The IA and Alpha One are such a beautiful match.

I am really happy with this upgrade not only for looks, but performance as well. I got quite a few compliments from others that have seen the bike in person. Normally something like, "What are those? They look great."

exxxviii wrote:
Very nice. Yours is nearly identical to mine with the same path and initial conclusions-- that 105 is really good as it is. I just went with Di2 instead of eTap. (And I originally had FLO wheels too.)

Thanks!
I was tempted to go with Di2 after seeing your build. I hope the etap works out durability wise. I think the Di2 has a great reputation based on everything I read.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt_Rider wrote:
I hope the etap works out durability wise. I think the Di2 has a great reputation based on everything I read.
I put eTap on my road bike the same time I did the Di2 on my IA16. You will love eTap and have no issues. It is fantastic. It shifts fast and effortlessly. I love hearing the FD periodically trim itself. I think eTap handles FD trimming better than Di2.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Folks what are people recommending as an alternative storage box to the stick one on a felt IA 10 size 56?
I can fit levers, 2 canisters & head, but only 1 tube in. Ideally for a full I'd prefer to have the 2 tubes. Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Rodneyr1981] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont use that draft box they gave us. I have a normal bottle cage attached to the bosses and a bottle with all that stuff in it.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated computer mount design as well as new wheels finally in place. Ready for race tomorrow.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, Can anyone point me to the best place to purchase an IA1 frameset 2016 or latter? thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [bikeenvy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...e-2018/rp-prod187483

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What bottom bracket is on your power meter?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone tell me what the lowest stack height is for the stock bar on the IAxx, with undermount extensions?

I’m trying to figure out how to get low enough on a 51cm. I’ve got Bayonet 3 carbon bars that I could use as well, just trying to weight options.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeremyebrock wrote:
What bottom bracket is on your power meter?

Wheels MFG SRAM ABEC3 BB30 to GXP OutBoard
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone here that has A LOT of spacers to bring the bars up? Any pic?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess I should have specified size 56, but thanks anyway
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://edelrad.de/ normally has pretty good prices.. A friend bought one and had it shipped to the US.

Looks like they have 56s in Stock
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the new thru axle bikes I find it hard to change the rear wheel.

I have to pull on the chain to get enough space to get the wheel out. To get it in is even harder. Do someone has some tips?

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies for what is probably rehashing some old stuff for you all. I came across a felt ia14 (2016) model thats within the budget second hand. The blue/yellow livery. I have grown up on cervelos and treks. In fact i have the latest gen speed concept. From what i can see in a size 54, i should be able to also fit the IA14 as well since the stack and reach are very close? my trek is a med far stem.
So my questions as a noob to felts: 1- i hear the felt bayonet bullhorns are decent, however many take the rubber bits off the brakes and tape them since they can move around a bit, is that right? 2- i plan on using zipp vuka aerobars and get stack and reach with zipp spacers: if i were to use my own stem, i would need a headset spacer before adding any other stem if i ended up down that path i understand? I dont plan to unless necessary but again, just checking the option is there. 3- anyone ever have issues with getting their ISM seats forward enough? I havent heard of for/aft issues on these bikes, however there doesnt seem like you can move the seat anywhere along the post itself, rather you just have rails to use. My current set up is running my adamo 19mm behind the BB. 4) is microshift decent? Have only ever used shimano levers. 5) the rear fsa brake that crap, that a 105 dirrect mount worth the swap? 6) i believe the original calpac was crap - so one of the first things to get is the calpac 2.0 and rear draft box it seems.
Anything else to look for?
If anyone is super switched on with stack and reach, i have included attached my retul numbers - im thinking it works a size 54, however wouldnt have a clue if i need the bars pedastooled or anything, id have to test ride it first, which i will do this weekend. I tilt my bars a bit more than when this retul was done, but its still pretty close. Appreciate any comments from the fit experts as i base this on stack and reach but not sure if there is anything else i should pay attention to.

Again, super apologies for these questions, as im sure they have been asked, but theres over 100 pages here im sifting through.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
1- i hear the felt bayonet bullhorns are decent, however many take the rubber bits off the brakes and tape them since they can move around a bit, is that right?
2- i plan on using zipp vuka aerobars and get stack and reach with zipp spacers: if i were to use my own stem, i would need a headset spacer before adding any other stem if i ended up down that path i understand? I dont plan to unless necessary but again, just checking the option is there.
3- anyone ever have issues with getting their ISM seats forward enough? I havent heard of for/aft issues on these bikes, however there doesnt seem like you can move the seat anywhere along the post itself, rather you just have rails to use. My current set up is running my adamo 19mm behind the BB.
4) is microshift decent? Have only ever used shimano levers.
5) the rear fsa brake that crap, that a 105 dirrect mount worth the swap?
6) i believe the original calpac was crap - so one of the first things to get is the calpac 2.0 and rear draft box.

I've had my IA16 since they first came out so I guess that's 2016. Let's see if I can help;

1 Yes get rid of those rubber things, I never used them but I've seen them twisted around.

2 I don't think there is any stem that you can fit on the IA steerer with spacers underneath. If you want to use your own stem, there is a part that came with the bike that goes under your stem, you'll need that.

3 I was fit by Dan at the ST roadshow and I have a pretty aggressive position. I have an Adamo seat in the middle of the rails. I have plenty of adjustment. I'll post a pic at the end of this post.

4 I can't tell the difference between using Microshift or Shimano shifters

5 The FSA rear brake is fine. If you have problems with it, it's most likely because of too much cable or it's not adjusted properly. I adjusted mine when it was new. Once I got it right, I haven't touched it in years.

6 Yes and Yes to Calpac 2.0 and draft pod

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply

Prev Next