Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you replacing the housing or just the cable? The cable is easy and will just slide right through the housing. Guessing you meant the housing though. For that, leave the cable in the housing, then as you pull the housing out, let the cable stay behind in the frame (you might have to feed the cable in from the rear end if you’re going to pull the housing out at the steerer tube). Then when feeding the new housing, slide it over the cable that’s still in the frame and it will guide the housing back to the hole in the frame for the housing to exit.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

The original cable is a bit excessive and was hoping to reduce it some in the upgrade. Hopefully I can leave the housing and trim back if possible.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, that cable routing is ridiculous. You can run the rear brake able almost flat against the stem, especially if you have the Calpac v2.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been patiently waiting for the time to make the upgrades. I have the etap aero group and SRAM TT-990 levers. Now I just have to patiently wait for the TriRig Alpha One bars to arrive. I just ordered a little over a week ago so I guess I've got a few more weeks of waiting. I cannot wait to get it all cleaned up.

Meanwhile, I am so far behind on training because of excessive overtime at work and getting over the flu. Bike setup is the least of my concerns at the moment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, with the Alpha 1, you should get your cables all but invisible. One more thing (and you may have been the one to post this originally, but just in case), Felt has a headset bearing trip cap piece that helps improve the looks when people are not using the Felt stem. It is the black piece under my Alpha X in this picture.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!
Did you get that from your dealer or order from Felt? I am looking on the Felt parts and have not found it yet.

Edit: I found this https://www.ebay.com/i/143117754661?chn=ps
Last edited by: Felt_Rider: Feb 25, 19 4:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, that is the piece in your eBay link.

I got mine from my Felt dealer, but they did not have any on hand. Supposedly it comes in the bag of parts with new bikes, but mine is a 2016. So, they got it from Felt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered from here in case anyone else comes up on this need. I also needed to get the silcone seat post slot covers so I got those as well.

https://www.tritownboise.com/shop/components/stems/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should take the steerer tube clamp out and spray paint it black. I did (with glossy automotive spray paint, $5 can), and it looks so much better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great idea! That bright orange is the one cosmetic blemish I had wished I could vanish away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wish I would have seen this a little earlier. I have an extra headset cover you could have. I discovered that I needed it when installing the Alpha X. I was at work when I read I needed it and stopped at the bike shop near me on my lunch hour. They gave me a spare one they had. I ended up having one in my bag of parts, so now I have the spare.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KG6 wrote:
Wish I would have seen this a little earlier. I have an extra headset cover you could have. I discovered that I needed it when installing the Alpha X. I was at work when I read I needed it and stopped at the bike shop near me on my lunch hour. They gave me a spare one they had. I ended up having one in my bag of parts, so now I have the spare.

Me too. I would have bought it from you.
I hope I don't have one in the bag of parts. I do not remember seeing one and even the silicone post strips were missing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NM
Last edited by: KG6: Feb 28, 19 6:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never ordered from them before. They were impressively fast in processing the order and sent a tracking number in less than hour after I made the order. I will just go with the order. Thanks!!

Now if TriRig was that fast sending the Alpha One bar I'd really be happy. Guess I will have to wait a few more weeks on that one.
Quote Reply
Tilted spacer [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does someone knows a tilted spacer with 12 degrees that fits on a ia3.

Or some other way to tild the extensions.

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: Tilted spacer [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 2019 IA3 Disc and have reached out to this guy but have not heard back yet.
Trying to see what parts I would need to get a 10-15 Degree tilt.

https://www.shapeways.com/...r/dcohen24/creations
Cheers
ZoomZoom
Quote Reply
Re: Tilted spacer [ZoomZoomZimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZoomZoomZimmer wrote:
I have the 2019 IA3 Disc and have reached out to this guy but have not heard back yet.

Cheers
ZoomZoom

Let me know if you do, I'd be quite interested as well.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Tilted spacer [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
ZoomZoomZimmer wrote:

Cheers
ZoomZoom

Let me know if you do, I'd be quite interested as well.

You need 2 spacers in the angle you like and the height you like and you need the 2 V3 black top pieces, 1cleft and 1 rught and you are good to go.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Tilted spacer [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a link to a video or photos of how these parts are used to add tilt to the Bars and Aero Bars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ZoomZoomZimmer wrote:
Does anyone have a link to a video or photos of how these parts are used to add tilt to the Bars and Aero Bars?
I will take a look, i for sure have somelying around but you replace your standard spacer by the angled spacer, on top of that you put the V3 clamp en on top of the V3 clamp you put that special V3 top part which is the counter part in angle to the spacer so that the bolts can go through in still a straight line and then you bolt it together with 1 long bolt that goes straight through all parts.

regards,

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My week has been pretty crazy at work, but I'll find some time to post pictures of the v3 assembly shortly.
Quote Reply
Re: Tilted spacer [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: Tilted spacer [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope this helps, everyone.
Short answer, for a v3 you will need
2x10 degree riser
1x V3 top Left
1x V3 Top Right

If you plan to do anything more then bring these to a wind tunnel, I would only print these in stainless steel. Plastic is just too weak.
I rode with aluminum pieces years ago, but i learned that due to stresses involved, it had actually warped a bit by the end of the season. It was fine, and still holding up... but Meh, seemed not worth the 2 grams or so.

If you have a lot of stack in risers, above the aerobar, all of the felt pieces go on the bottom, and this should be the last riser you put, at the very top.

Finally: You will need to source a set of metric bolts that are longer then listed in the felt manual... sorry, off the top of my head I cant remember how much longer.. but I think you might need an extra 10mm... that said, bolts are cheap, so you can try a 10 or 15mm longer piece then spec'ed.

OK... so here is the new assembly.

From bottom to Top:
The bottom piece (silver) is the nut that you place underneath the actual basebar, and screw into.
Next, would be the basebar itself (not shown... would be between silver and white).

Next up is an angled riser (in this case, 10mm @ 10 degrees). These are not directional, and can be used on either side.
They are 10mm at the front (and less at rear, (thus where the angle comes from). These pieces have a place for the fit-washer on the bottom, but not on the top.
Its fine, the compressive force from the nut will hold the assembly together.

Next up is the actual extension assembly.

Finally, The top piece is the V3 top piece. The point of this piece (as jeroen pointed out) is to "absorb" the angle we created at the bottom, in order to give a flat surface for the bolt to clamp against. These pieces are directional (the loop goes to the inside). So you need a left and a right.

When you first put the pieces together, it will look like it wont quite fit... Once you actually torque evertyhing down, everything should fit nice and tight.

Due to the shape of the V3 top, I have only made a 10 degree tilt so far for a couple reasons.
1) Its the piece i use (and this has always been meant as a hobby piece for me... Im just a software guy).
2) You can see the effect of the angle, and the interaction with V3 extension body. Im not 100% sure that even a 12 degree piece will fit...It would take me a while to update the piece, and print it at shapeways to actually test it (and i just haven't had a need to do it yet..especially given that it might not work).

Last edited by: dcohen24: Feb 28, 19 4:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KG6 wrote:
Not sure what they cost, so dont know if it's worth it. Burr I'd got can cancel, you can have the one I have for free, just cover whatever minimal shipping there is.

Did anyone claim this? If not I'll take it (pm for paypal and I'll send you shipping money). I checked my parts from IA1 disc frame and it didn't come with one. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need to go edit that post. I had spoken too soon. Sold the original Bayonet bars a month or two ago and sent all the hardware with it. I thought I had taken that cap out of the hardware and put it with my random spare parts stash. When I got home, I tried to find it because someone had inquired. I must have accidentally shipped it to whoever bought the bars. I would advise to stop by your local felt dealer though. Mine had no issue walking to the back and grabbing one they had laying around and giving it to me for free.
Quote Reply

Prev Next