Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [Mcluvin22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am using Zipp carbon bars on the Felt basebar and I replaced the OEM arm pads with Cushees. Much nicer.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be happy to do that, however when I took a look at them it looked like the pads wouldn't clear the base bar in that configuration. I looked in the manual and there's no description of how to set them up under the bar.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had a chance now to race my IA10 a couple times. Overall I really like the bike. It's extremely stable in a straight line but is still very maneuverable. The aerobar is very adjustable and I've found the armpads surprisingly comfortable. It's a solid bike and I'm happy with that it.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
The bike looks great. I hope you get to ride it soon.

Finally got to ride it today and put in a 30 mile ride. Wow, I am blown away by the bike. Everything I imagined it to be; fast, comfortable and decently stable in the wind. It is hard to explain it, but the bike really does feel like it sails in crosswinds rather than get "hung up" like some of the other bikes I have ridden. Not sure if I am just imagining that or not. But it is a cool feeling. Really happy with it.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [burninglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's how I felt. After two rides on windy days, this thing just eat's up the wind. It's cold out again but it looks like I will get outside again next week.

Love this bike. Can't wait to race it!!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know why one of the calpac screws is capped or sealed? See the right screw one in this picture (left screw undone). This is the only one that prevents me from taking the thing out.
http://tinypic.com/r/2r47v37/9
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [theKAISER] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
theKAISER wrote:
Does anyone know why one of the calpac screws is capped or sealed? See the right screw one in this picture (left screw undone). This is the only one that prevents me from taking the thing out.
http://tinypic.com/r/2r47v37/9

It's what makes the Calpac non-removable to, I believe, get around the Specialized patent.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clever! Is there a screw underneath?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [theKAISER] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. You can remove the little dollop of plastic and that allows you to remove the screw. I use a razor to slice off the top, and then use a pick to dig out just enough to allow the torx screwdriver to grab it. The bike comes with extra screws, so you can replace it no problemo.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My evening plan just got solid! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Random thought ... how is the LBS supposed to route the DI2 junction box under the nose cone without removing the calpac?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
Random thought ... how is the LBS supposed to route the DI2 junction box under the nose cone without removing the calpac?

Child labor (small hands) :-) Honestly, I just remove the Calpac.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
jazzymusicman wrote:

Child labor (small hands) :-) Honestly, I just remove the Calpac.

i saw you mention earlier that you just leave it under the calpac, that's probably the route i'm going to suggest to the shop
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My shop didnt give me the extra screws included (or anything until i asked for all the bar hardware), what is the exact size of the screw? I'd like to order more as I drilled and removed the capped ones already and am missing 2 for the Calpac now. My calpac is now a glorified Di2 junction holder with room for a few gels. Thinking about trying the bladder mod next.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are you guys solvind the hidration on the IA?
I have IA10 48", and can only think on a torpedo type .... if I want a nice capacity, and that fits ok on my bike....
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [pachanga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a Torhans Aero30 (860ml) and an Elite Cronos CX (500ml) on my seat tube. I've got the original IA so it may be a bit disadvantaged with less bosses overall. Thats on an IA 51cm

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: cshowe80: Mar 3, 16 7:16
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!, how tall is the bottle? I mean, down from bars, how many cms long it is?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's going to depend on your front end setup and whether or not you use spacers below the base bar etc ... Here is a good example of a really well setup IA / Torhans30. If you're limited on space there is also a Aero20 which holds 650ml

http://shop.torhans.com/collections/hydration

------
Last edited by: cshowe80: Mar 3, 16 7:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I´d like to go with the biggest I can, that´s why I need to know how long it´s the bottle, to measure my frame config before buying...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe the company has representatives on the forum. If you reach out to Ted Striker he may be able to help you with exact dimensions. He is TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer . Wish I could be of more help.

------
Last edited by: cshowe80: Mar 3, 16 9:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the best set up I could engineer for a Torhans 30 on my 54" IA10 with a Tririg front brake. The bottle is 2" from the frame at the point above the brake and 1.5" at the closest point towards the stem. The bottle is slammed against the stem and within a hair of the brake. I might be able to get it a little closer to the frame if I remove the aero cover from the brake, but not sure if that would be beneficial from the perspective of drag. Any thoughts on how to close the gap between the bottle and frame?

Last edited by: tmw20653: Mar 3, 16 16:03
Quote Reply
Post deleted by jazzymusicman [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: jazzymusicman: Mar 3, 16 15:50
Re: The New Felt IA [tmw20653] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After lots of playing around with the mount, I was able to get the aero 30 to hug the stem. The position is a bit low so I'll have to see if I can drink from it. I have 40cm of spacers and the bars are set to their widest because of a shoulder issue.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I noticed Mirinda Carfrae uses the torpedo or bottle mount between the bars. Does the torpedo use a standard mount?

Been looking over all of the Felt IA stuff here lately. Supposed to pick up my IA16 tomorrow. I noticed a storage box inside mounted to bottle mounts i guess on Miranda's bike from last years kona. Will be nice if/when Felt gets the Calpac, rear seat storage, or the Mirinda version of storage going......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about the Torhans VR frame mount bottle. Has anyone tried it on the IAxx?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply

Prev Next