Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright, one last reply....I replaced my stock arm pads with TriRig Ergo cups. It made a world of difference on comfort.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swim_corey_run wrote:
The calpac 2 is different for routing cables thru.
The diagram shows the rear mech going thru the stem first then nicely into the calpac and down the tube. It works like that.

The barrel adjuster can go on right after the housing exits the handlebar. Just get some new cables and make it happen!

Rear brake through the stem, I think you mean. Rear mech routes out the extension and down. Rear brake is shown routing through the stem with the adjuster before the stem, which is pretty different than how mine is… :/

Traket92x wrote:
With regards to the housing failure, I had the same issue not long ago. Here is my thread.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...e_P7453272/#p7453272

I got rid of my barrel adjust on the front derailleur. No need for it without indexing. I just used a female/female piece to connect the intact housing to new housing I ran through the frame.

The one thing I would have done different is that I should have cut some of the housing on the extension side. I feel the fitting is still too far into the bend, and if it was closer to the extension, it would have let stress on it.

Since I needed to replace the rear cable on a different bike, I got this kit. Jagwire Kit. Had all the parts I needed. I also got this tool for cutting the housing.

Great, thanks for showing that. I searched, but couldn’t find anything. Not surprised I’m not the only one with that issue, there was a lot of pressure on that adjuster. The more I think about it and see what you did, I think I’m just going to nix the adjuster altogether. I can’t think why it’s required and it seems like a potential recurring fail point.

Thankfully I’ve already got a cable cutter; I think I can get away with just replacing the housing as long as that cable isn’t worn.

SBRcanuck wrote:
I just rebuilt the same bike for a friend, though she had di2 on hers. That rear brake can def go in the side of the stem and out the back from under the top cap, though it will make for a tighter bend than you have, and thus might not feel quite as smooth.

You mention the bike is getting long in the tooth.......a nice upgrade would obviously be di2 or etap - though ultegra di2 is prob the most economical, and I personally prefer di2 anyway. :)

Also, not sure what brake calipers you have on yours, but if they are stock, then I think you'll notice much nicer brake feel by upgrading those as well, like an ultegra for the rear, and either normal ultegra for front or a tririg front if you want more bling.

Interesting, thanks re: brake routing. It’s interesting, it’s obviously meant to go that way, but in my imagination of it it looks like a tight bend. I might give it a try…

Ultegra di2 is definitely the move, but $$$. I just ride the bike so little it’s hard to justify, though I certainly am all on board the train. I’ve kicked around cobbling out a used group off of eBay, but I just actually ride it so little it’s hard to justify for me right now. But then I’m also riding a road bike from 2011 that I just completely tore down and rebuilt; I keep my gear a loooooong time hahah. But yes, the di2/discs/large tire upgrade will be very nice.

I’ve got the stock 105 direct mounts. They’re okay. I just really dislike rim carbon brakes regardless. I think if I was at the point where I was considering spending ~1000 for a new di2 group and better brakes, at that point I’d probably just scope out a full bike swap. I really like this bike overall though,

Traket92x wrote:
I notice you have almost no extension behind the armpad clamp. Are you having any issues with slipping on that? That it was supposed to have some space behind the clamp.

If you aren't having issues I'll probably try moving mine back. I'm needing the shifters just a little forward and hate to have to get all new extensions for a 1/2" of extra reach.

It’s probably not recommended…. 😅 But I’ve had no problems. Actually, the pads have been absolutely locked in place; the risers occasionally wiggle a bit (I’m still ob the V2 clamp; have the v3 sitting around until I do this work; Haven’t been riding it outside so.) But yeah, my pads have been rock steady for me. FWIW, I’m fairly light (160lb) and don’t really wrench on my bars, so that could be a factor.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Last edited by: justinhorne: Mar 21, 21 12:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just realized I've seen your youtube channel.
Very cool indoor setup for the small space!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Just realized I've seen your youtube channel.
Very cool indoor setup for the small space!

Haha yeah small world. And thanks! looooong time in the making. I enjoy it.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m sticking a pair FLO wheels on my ia16. Is there a secret to adjusting that rear brake to make it wider? One side is easy with the cable, can’t figure out the other.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Traket92x wrote:
I’m sticking a pair FLO wheels on my ia16. Is there a secret to adjusting that rear brake to make it wider? One side is easy with the cable, can’t figure out the other.

It can def be frustrating. As mentioned just above, I just worked on one of these. So the brake has an allen screw on one arm that allows you to adjust that one side in and out (assuming I was doing it correctly....).
What I found I had to do was get the cable tension set so that the -other- side was a proper distance, and then fine tune the side with the adjustment screw after that. Clear as mud?

Maybe someone else can chime in with a better way of adjusting them, but thats how I had to do it, and the bike I was working on did not have one of those inline quick release / cable adjust things.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any experience with this using the specialized setup:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/SASSPW22E/felt-ia-calpac-cover-w-1000ml-fuelselage-mod?optionId=59905519
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know the size of the screws in the rear dropout. While I had my wheel off, I noticed mine looked like they had been mashed with pliers.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All!
Help is needed. I bought a used Felt IA2 disc, but the old owner didn't has the "short bridge" used between the raisers.
Any idea where I could find it? Felt website say sold out.
I have the raisers at 30mm but I'm a bit scared that it can fail without that bridge support.
I'm light anyway, 58kg, but still feel scared about it. Attached the picture of the part I'm looking for
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [paolo_raps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, can't help on locating a narrow bridge, but can't you use the adjustable bridge at the narrowest end of the slots for as an interim solution? It's not as elegant but should allay your fears.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, this is the only way I can use the adjustable bridge, just below the cups.
I think the adjustable bridge is not for this cockpit...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why can't it go in the correct location? Do the slots not end narrow enough? I thought they came down to the narrow bridge width.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because there is a small step on the clamp that hinders the right location of the adjustable bridge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Refer to the Bayonet 3 manual but I think for 30mm of spacers they specify a configuration of 20mm spacer + adjustable bridge + 5mm spacer.
Now I recall that bridge being less than 5mm thick, perhaps closer to 2mm, but it'll get you close.
If you wanted another 5mm, I think you can swap the 5mm spacer to 10mm, or add a 5mm below the bridge and keep the 5mm above it - but again, check the manual for the alloy aerobar before acting on my advice!

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0021/5701/9254/files/Bayonet3_Alloy.pdf?v=1531528904
Last edited by: Ai_1: Apr 19, 21 3:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
paolo_raps wrote:
Because there is a small step on the clamp that hinders the right location of the adjustable bridge.

I just went through this and you need a spacer above the adjustable bridge. However I might have the narrow spacer. I'll look when I get home.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Matt315] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes exactly, I may need a spacer there. Ok Matt, let me know!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought these for mine. Had to buy a pack of 100 for around $9 on Amazon. Kept about 10 of them and gave the rest to my bike shop.

FullerKreg M4-0.7 x 16mm Socket Set Screws,(100pcs),Allen Socket Drive, Din 916|ISO 4029, Grade A2-21H Stainless Steel, Full Thread, Bright Finish, Cup Point
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Matt315] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt315 wrote:
paolo_raps wrote:

I just went through this and you need a spacer above the adjustable bridge. However I might have the narrow spacer. I'll look when I get home.

Hi Matt, any news about the narrow bridge :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey sorry I forgot to reply. No I do not in fact have an extra narrow bridge. But to use the wide bridge you do need a spacer above it. A 5mm works just fine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Traket92x wrote:
Anyone know the size of the screws in the rear dropout. While I had my wheel off, I noticed mine looked like they had been mashed with pliers.

You're talking the rear set screws? Yeah, one of mine was too. They're m4x16mm stock. I found some at home depot that worked great that were 12mm long. It's these, 100%:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Prime-Line-M4-0-7-x-12-mm-Metric-Black-Oxide-Coated-Steel-Set-Screws-10-Pack-9185823/311745556

JustinDoesTriathlon

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi All!
Do you know where to find a set of saddle clamp for IA 2019?
If you have a link it will help me a lot! I checked on the Felt website but I couldn't find it.
Last edited by: paolo_raps: May 7, 21 23:04
Quote Reply

Prev Next