Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Lynskey gravel bike will be here tomorrow!
Quote | Reply

I watched this bike for over a year and a half and finally bought it. I have never been more excited to buy a bike I will ride less than any of my other bikes. LOL

I bought the frameset and I a building it up with Ultegra Di2 and I already have wheels and other parts to finish it up.

I don't even know where a gravel trail is! Those marketing guys sure got me ....
Quote Reply
Re: The Lynskey gravel bike will be here tomorrow! [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gravelmap.com and enjoy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which model did you get? How much was it?
Quote Reply
Re: The Lynskey gravel bike will be here tomorrow! [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: The Lynskey gravel bike will be here tomorrow! [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the GR270

I wanted round tubes

They have had price deals recently that have changed depending on options. $1450 for frame/fork/headset/seat post - brushed finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I don't even know where a gravel trail is!

This is me as well. If I owned a gravel bike, I have no idea where I would ride it where I live (North Charlotte, NC).
Quote Reply
Re: The Lynskey gravel bike will be here tomorrow! [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Quote:

This is me as well. If I owned a gravel bike, I have no idea where I would ride it where I live (North Charlotte, NC).

Surely there are fire roads and random roads in and around the smokies. I am not sure what part of NC you live in though. Gravelmap.com becomes your friend or type into the town you live in with gravel ride into google and you get tons of ideas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:

I watched this bike for over a year and a half and finally bought it. I have never been more excited to buy a bike I will ride less than any of my other bikes. LOL

I bought the frameset and I a building it up with Ultegra Di2 and I already have wheels and other parts to finish it up.

I don't even know where a gravel trail is! Those marketing guys sure got me ....

If you are looking for a race check out the Crusher in the Tushar. I did it this year and it sucks! 69 miles and 10K feet of climbing. I will probably do it again next year.
Quote Reply
Re: The Lynskey gravel bike will be here tomorrow! [Snowvols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snowvols wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
Quote:

Surely there are fire roads and random roads in and around the smokies. I am not sure what part of NC you live in though. Gravelmap.com becomes your friend or type into the town you live in with gravel ride into google and you get tons of ideas.

Here is where I live:
https://gravelmap.com/...4068105133,11,hybrid

I just don't think gravel exists anywhere near here. Either that, or it's not marked/advertised. I certainly don't want to have to drive hours away just to find gravel.
Quote Reply
Re: The Lynskey gravel bike will be here tomorrow! [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:

Here is where I live:

I just don't think gravel exists anywhere near here. Either that, or it's not marked/advertised. I certainly don't want to have to drive hours away just to find gravel.

You're right there isn't much there. That's a shame as gravel riding is a lot of fun. Looks like there's a lot outside of Asheville, but that is a bit of a drive to ride a bike. I hate driving to ride my bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The Lynskey gravel bike will be here tomorrow! [Snowvols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snowvols wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

Here is where I live:

You're right there isn't much there. That's a shame as gravel riding is a lot of fun. Looks like there's a lot outside of Asheville, but that is a bit of a drive to ride a bike. I hate driving to ride my bike.

I have a Specialized Crux and I wanted something different. It’s basically my bad weather bike or “do it all” casual bike. I am replacing it with the Lynskey. The frame arrived today. It looks better in person than the pics online! Time to build it up.
Quote Reply