Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Crazy Bikers that Record Video for Indoor Programs
Quote | Reply
This is about Rouvy, but my guess is that other programs have the same "issue."

Last night I was riding a course called Turnips and Cabbage. There were several times when the guy that recorded the video did a few daredevil tricks in traffic. I realize that he probably slowed down where I didn't and the interaction wasn't as close as it appeared, but there have been other programs that did similar things. I've seen programs where the rider went out into heavy traffic, or played right of way with a truck blocking the road, or passed 3 abreast in a bike path with very little clearance between handlebars. It seems to be that a lot of these guys are doing things that I wouldn't consider, and I ride fairly aggressively in some pretty busy traffic.

Anyone else noticed this? Is a Demark thing (all the videos have a .DE web address) or is just that there are crazy riders all over the world and they all work for Rouvy?

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: The Crazy Bikers that Record Video for Indoor Programs [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
This is about Rouvy, but my guess is that other programs have the same "issue."

Last night I was riding a course called Turnips and Cabbage. There were several times when the guy that recorded the video did a few daredevil tricks in traffic. I realize that he probably slowed down where I didn't and the interaction wasn't as close as it appeared, but there have been other programs that did similar things. I've seen programs where the rider went out into heavy traffic, or played right of way with a truck blocking the road, or passed 3 abreast in a bike path with very little clearance between handlebars. It seems to be that a lot of these guys are doing things that I wouldn't consider, and I ride fairly aggressively in some pretty busy traffic.

Anyone else noticed this? Is a Demark thing (all the videos have a .DE web address) or is just that there are crazy riders all over the world and they all work for Rouvy?

.de is germany or deutchland. .dk is denmark
Quote Reply
Re: The Crazy Bikers that Record Video for Indoor Programs [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I have Rouvy and have done that route. I grimaced as the truck seems to come within a foot of him going the opposite direction on a narrow lane, but for the most part, I haven't seen too many close calls on the video. My favorite was climbing some mountain in Italy and a lady passes the video cyclist with ease -- then I realized she was on an e-bike!

But those are nothing compared to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxKURy2yE64
Quote Reply
Re: The Crazy Bikers that Record Video for Indoor Programs [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guy lost his hat, but probably had a great time. also, lane dividers are just a suggestion apparently.
Quote Reply
Re: The Crazy Bikers that Record Video for Indoor Programs [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got so immersed into the video of Costa Amalfi that I thought I was going to crash into the ass of the 3rd ass in the donkey train. Unclipped and was about to dump the bike. Luckily, the trainer held and didn't let me tip.
Quote Reply