Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Center For Morton's Neuroma, Framingham, MA
Quote | Reply
Has anybody on the forum been there, with experience to share, either good or bad?

My successful neuroma surgeries were in 2011 and 2016. Unfortunately, they have returned with a vengeance while I am training for Ironman Cozumel in November. Before I fly from Las Vegas to Boston for a procedure, I wanted to know if anybody has input as to their reputation outside of the website testimonials.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: The Center For Morton's Neuroma, Framingham, MA [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi. Just curious if you found any decent solutions yet. I'm dealing with a pretty classic case in my right foot that's beginning to get pretty painful. Thanks.

SallyShortyPnts wrote:
Has anybody on the forum been there, with experience to share, either good or bad?

My successful neuroma surgeries were in 2011 and 2016. Unfortunately, they have returned with a vengeance while I am training for Ironman Cozumel in November. Before I fly from Las Vegas to Boston for a procedure, I wanted to know if anybody has input as to their reputation outside of the website testimonials.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: The Center For Morton's Neuroma, Framingham, MA [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am curious on this - did you have a neurectomy of the Morton Neuroma?

I had a neurectomy on my left foot and I had no idea once the nerve was removed it could come back. I am 3 years since surgery and was one of my best decisions still.
Quote Reply
Re: The Center For Morton's Neuroma, Framingham, MA [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
Hi. Just curious if you found any decent solutions yet. I'm dealing with a pretty classic case in my right foot that's beginning to get pretty painful. Thanks.

SallyShortyPnts wrote:

So far, I have switched from Hoka’s to Altra’s, which provides significantly more forefoot space. I also got firmer orthotics, which provides more support for my arches. As of now, I haven’t had surgery yet.

Nobody has come forward with the ringing endorsement of this surgery center and after having had it done once, I don’t look forward to doing it again.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: The Center For Morton's Neuroma, Framingham, MA [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teddygram wrote:
I am curious on this - did you have a neurectomy of the Morton Neuroma?

I had a neurectomy on my left foot and I had no idea once the nerve was removed it could come back. I am 3 years since surgery and was one of my best decisions still.

I am trying to avoid a third and fourth neurectomy if possible by not aggravating the stumps. No determination as of yet as to when, if ever, that I will get more surgery. So far, better shoes and more arch support have helped enough that I can still train.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the orthotics you're referring to prescribed and constructed specifically for you, or did you find them elsewhere? Thanks.

SallyShortyPnts wrote:
domingjm wrote:

SallyShortyPnts wrote:

So far, I have switched from Hoka’s to Altra’s, which provides significantly more forefoot space. I also got firmer orthotics, which provides more support for my arches. As of now, I haven’t had surgery yet.

Nobody has come forward with the ringing endorsement of this surgery center and after having had it done once, I don’t look forward to doing it again.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is what my podiatrist recommendation[/img]
domingjm wrote:
Are the orthotics you're referring to prescribed and constructed specifically for you, or did you find them elsewhere? Thanks.

SallyShortyPnts wrote:
domingjm wrote:

SallyShortyPnts wrote:

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay - that makes sense!

I was 27 when I had the Nurectomy performed - I spoke with my podiatrist about it (who is a 3 time full distance Ironman athlete) and he laid it out pretty simply for me with my particular case. We tried for a few months with the injections and the shoes, insoles everything - I was doing "okay" but he just sat me down and said with my age and my activity level he really recommended that we just remove the nerve.

I trusted him and it was a great decision - If I had done the surgery at the beginning it would have most likely paid for the surgery itself, with all the shoes and remedies and Dr visits I tired (I probably have $800 in cycling shoes).

The recovery - although not fun, it was not a big deal. It did take some time for the feeling in my toes to come back but it did!
Last edited by: teddygram: Jun 28, 18 11:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And you run with them without too much problem?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, although the significant arch support takes some getting used to. I do not yet wear them all day to stand in; only to run in.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply