Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Accel Triathlon - July 18th - Refunding Registered Athletes!
Quote | Reply
Quick note for other race directors.

Yesterday we made the decision to close our registration, refund those who where already registered and now 'pause' and see what it would like to race on July 18th. If we are able to, we are going to offer a grass roots race (no shirt, medal, flash etc.) … thus far we've received a great response!

Wanted to share as an example if any other RD's were considering going this route. We hadn't accrued our sunk costs yet so made sense for all.

Link to message and memo: https://www.facebook.com/AccelTriathlon
Memo attached.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: The Accel Triathlon - July 18th - Refunding Registered Athletes! [unicat141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Accel Triathlon - July 18th - Refunding Registered Athletes! [unicat141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The Accel Triathlon - July 18th - Refunding Registered Athletes! [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Love my one and only experience at Accel Triathlon many moons ago.

I agree. Did this race in 2017 and had a blast. Hope everything works out for you guys!

https://www.strava.com/athletes/5905139
Quote Reply
Re: The Accel Triathlon - July 18th - Refunding Registered Athletes! [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas! We enjoyed having you! We even enjoyed the kind comments you provided after the race.

Thanks for your investment in Triathlon - it's appreciated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas! We enjoyed having you! We even enjoyed the kind comments you provided after the race.

Thanks for your investment in Triathlon - it's appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: The Accel Triathlon - July 18th - Refunding Registered Athletes! [JBalady2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks JBalady2! We will see how it all plays out!

The pause has been nice to think about even more of the little things that make a great race special. Hope to have you join us again sometime!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great idea! Hopefully things work out for you guys. I raced this tri a couple times and really enjoyed it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man it will be awesome if this race takes place. It will be my first tri of this season. 3 have now been cancelled or postponed. Love the accel triathlon. I have only missed one event since it first took place and that was last year. Fingers crossed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unicat141 wrote:
Quick note for other race directors.

Yesterday we made the decision to close our registration, refund those who where already registered and now 'pause' and see what it would like to race on July 18th. If we are able to, we are going to offer a grass roots race (no shirt, medal, flash etc.) … thus far we've received a great response!

Wanted to share as an example if any other RD's were considering going this route. We hadn't accrued our sunk costs yet so made sense for all.

Link to message and memo: https://www.facebook.com/AccelTriathlon
Memo attached.

Cheers!

Iowa Strong....

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply