Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread
Quote | Reply
Kind of shocked that somebody has not started one of these yet. With that said, let's talk B2B.

Who's in? Where ya coming from? Etc.

I am not racing but will be involved in the race day in some form or fashion.

I also live in Wilmington and have done both the full and half numerous times each, so I will be more than willing to answer any questions you may have.

Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm racing the Half. B2B half in 2011 was my first half ironman and this is my 2nd time at B2B

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome man. Welcome back.

I'm working on doing a practice swim to all who are interested the Friday before the race. More details to come

Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully it won't be as cold as it was in 2011. I got severe hypothermia on the bike and had to sit in a car for 45 minutes. Oh the lessons learned! I can't wait to come back to Wilmington and race.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been waiting for this thread!

WB Turd-all good in the health dept?
I see your not racing...again?

Half ... round 2 for me ... 88 seconds off goal, so here we go again!
Bring on a current-lets keep the weather "warm"!

Traveling from GA. Raced half last year. Got a few teammates and friends racing the full.
Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aww snap. Don't forget to remove those cleat covers too! Dwayne and I signed up for the half too Bryan. Should be a fun race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2nd time doing the HIM for me. Did Augusta last year but I like B2B better and can't wait to do it again!! Training is going well. Post when the practice swim will be...I will be there!

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [franktheguard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Health issues are all cleared up now.

Not racing this year though. Taking some time off of racing for a year or so.

I will be out there in full swing doing al I can to help other people have a great race

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for the Half.
1st time at B2B.
Lived in Whiteville, NC for 9 years so visited Wrightsville and Wilmington FREQUENTLY.
Excited to do this race and look forward to checking back to this thread.
Live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland now.
-YT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Turd, glad to see you back. Hope you have a better day on race day than last year! ;-)

Can't make it back this year, but maybe 2015. To everyone signed up (or considering it), have a blast! It's a great race.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm signed up the full, a B2B first timer! I am interested in learning all I can about the swim. No salt water here in the Midwest. If a practice is organized count me in! Much appreciated :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like there's only about 640 full participants, is that fairly typical? Just curious.
Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [trifreemc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is very likely due to Ironman Maryland I suspect. Figure it has taken some of the B2B folks

Last year B2B full sold out in early August...still 200+ open for the full

"Keep those feet moving!" Me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Charleston, WV

Not on board just yet but still hoping to do the full

This would be tour # 3, 2011&2013

Great race and hope I can make it down

"Keep those feet moving!" Me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for the Full (as of this moment - hurt my shoulder while lifting, doctor appt. this afternoon). Coming from Central PA. First time at this race, but I have heard great things.
Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [honey123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
honey123 wrote:
I'm signed up the full, a B2B first timer! I am interested in learning all I can about the swim. No salt water here in the Midwest. If a practice is organized count me in! Much appreciated :)

The swim will be fast, last year was a slack tide this year I think you get all the benefits of an incoming tide...its also in a channel so easier to site. With the full being a mass start lots of bodies to follow.
Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished watching the Virtual Meeting. No idea what tide chart he is looking at. Yes, the full will have a favorable tidal push but the later waves of the half will have little if any push and the last 3-4 waves will be swimming against the tide towards the middle or end of their swim.

Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [bhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bhc wrote:
Just finished watching the Virtual Meeting. No idea what tide chart he is looking at. Yes, the full will have a favorable tidal push but the later waves of the half will have little if any push and the last 3-4 waves will be swimming against the tide towards the middle or end of their swim.

I actually didn't look at the tide chart, just made an assumption since last year was slack.
Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/locations/3631.html?y=2014&m=10&d=25

High tide at 9:24. With an 8:30 start, those in the mid to late waves will be swimming against the tide at some point.

Last edited by: bhc: Aug 26, 14 9:59
Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [frosty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Partially torn rotator cuff. Now off to the cry like a little biatch thread.
Still planning to race if I can manage the symptoms between now and then...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for the full, first iron-distance race was B2B last year, hoping for warmer air temps at the start, looking to knock a significant chunk of time off from last year
Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [bhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh dear lord please let me be early..........
I have seen the tidal flow down there.
If I'm fighting that, I may not finish the swim until the ride changes again!
-YT
Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any insight on how the waves were slotted in the past, specifically the M35-39 Half?
Quote Reply
Re: The "Official" 2014 Beach2Battleship Role Call/Q&A/Race chatter/Anything else thread [dogchili94] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year you would have been in the 1st wave but they are reversing them this year ;o)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the full. It's my first iron-distance race, looking forward to it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next