Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever...
Quote | Reply
What is up with this guy? Anyone follow him on Instagram? I can't understand him. Is he a pro? Too much money to spend for his own good? He does these crazy workouts, and just got his sweat levels tested. WTH? I admit it drives me bonkers. I can't explain why!
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [uptown423] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ed Baker's instagram doesn't bother me one bit. You know why? Because I don't follow him. Easy enough.
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
Ed Baker's instagram doesn't bother me one bit. You know why? Because I don't follow him. Easy enough.

this is the greatest kept secret in all of social media

💀 Fxck Cancer Endurance Team 💀
âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸ PLUSH Global âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸

Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [uptown423] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uptown423 wrote:
What is up with this guy? Anyone follow him on Instagram? I can't understand him. Is he a pro? Too much money to spend for his own good? He does these crazy workouts, and just got his sweat levels tested. WTH? I admit it drives me bonkers. I can't explain why!

I saw this Ed in LP last year. He is a fast AG athelete. What's wrong with a sweat level test? It is cheap and fairly common...
Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm old. I can be a curmudgeon. I've never had a problem with anything on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Why, because I don't have an account on any of them.

Now get off my yard!
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sgy wrote:
uptown423 wrote:

I saw this Ed in LP last year. He is a fast AG athelete. What's wrong with a sweat level test? It is cheap and fairly common...
Sam

Yeah, that test is like $150 and to be quite honest, pretty useful. I got tested a few weeks ago and turns out I sweat a shit ton more sodium than what I thought I did. I have been taking like 1/3 of the sodium I'm losing per hour. Of all the things you can shit on Ed Baker, the sweat test is the stupidest thing, to be honest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super nice guy. Super successful guy. Super talented guy. Olympic trial qualifier.

Totally reasonable why that might drive you crazy!

Maybe "he" isn't the problem
Last edited by: Greatzaa: Feb 21, 19 9:21
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah
also jealous of rich, intelligent and successful people
This is why I like this forum !

(where is the pink button ?)
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Yeah

no problem, bro, Bernie S. will take from the rich and give to the poor
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Yeah

This is a lot of what's wrong with the world. Defining success mostly by wealth and power. Then assuming intellect by one's ability to obtain wealth and power. Or, assuming a person is an asshole because they are rich.

Just look at Trump. There's a definition of success I'd really rather not have as a label for myself.

Let the guy do his sweat test and participate how he wants. His money. His entertainment and personal challenge. It's the same argument as the MAMIL on the group ride with at $5000 bike and $3000 wheels. So what, who cares.
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which one did you take, and were you happy with the process?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Yeah

Of course! Many people might be jealous of others successes without any reasons. The concept of 'pretentiousness' doesn't exist. Probably the word doesn't exist either.
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dipped into a similar conversation last year and was accused of being jealous of his ‘success’

We then got into a discussion on what is success

I just thought he was a bit of a self promoting arse and still do

Some good advice on here - just ignore him as you won’t win any ‘argument ‘ without someone labeling you as jealous etc
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ed Baker is the new Ashley Horner?
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

Nah - he actually finishes events (most of the time).

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

Nah - he actually finishes events (most of the time).

I can see an Ed Baker mania kicking off on this forum.
Poor Lionel Sanders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Careful...This got Kiley in trouble.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Yeah

what pink button?

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
uptown423 wrote:

It's probably the fact it's all going up on instragram projecting himself as a superhero that you find irritating. Instagram is irritating the heck out of people.

https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/travel/why-it-s-time-to-filter-out-instagram-and-get-back-to-reality-when-it-comes-to-travel-1.826269

"A ­picture should add to a memory, ­prompting you to recall the ­scenario around it. But when all that scenario ­provokes is the memory of 48 ­different poses as the sun sets, unnoticed, behind you, you’re doing something wrong."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I have read, he is an educated and athletic overachiever (by most standards) that has had a bunch of success in his life. Both in business and sport. Good for him. I agree that his self promotion can be a bit over the top ( his YouTube video promoting himself, etc.) but I also don't see much of a difference from what he is doing with the thousands of Instagram posters who snap a picture of themselves in their race kits on a Tuesday morning, in their attic, in a pool of their own sweat with an inspirational quote attached to it. They will say its to "motivate others" but really they are posting to get praise and acclaim from people they may or may not know to reassure themselves that what they just did deserves recognition. What is interesting to me, is why a guy like Ed Baker with his background, would need this type blind reassurance. Personally, I follow Ed as I find his page entertaining from a workout perspective.
I wish his success in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:

This is a lot of what's wrong with the world. Defining success mostly by wealth and power. Then assuming intellect by one's ability to obtain wealth and power. Or, assuming a person is an asshole because they are rich.

Just look at Trump. There's a definition of success I'd really rather not have as a label for myself.

Let the guy do his sweat test and participate how he wants. His money. His entertainment and personal challenge. It's the same argument as the MAMIL on the group ride with at $5000 bike and $3000 wheels. So what, who cares.

What is a MAMIL ?
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [BrianD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Middle aged man in lycra.
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diabolo wrote:
Middle aged man in lycra.

Gotcha, thanks
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I will forget this thread and his existence in about 2 days.
Quote Reply
Re: That Ed Baker guy....the former Uber VP or whatever... [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
And I will forget this thread and his existence in about 2 days.

Not if he is Slowtwitch's new Ashley Horner

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply

Prev Next