Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thanks from Branson
Quote | Reply
A big THANK YOU to all the athletes who joined us for the Branson 70.3 and braved the elements. At least we got through the swim and bike before the rains hit! Congratulations to our winners Ben and Jessica. For the 2nd year we've gotten rave reviews - and some criticism - for the 'challenging' nature of our bike course. So for those of you who think you've got it, come challenge yourself on what many believe to be the best bike in 70.3. Thanks to the Branson Police, Highway Patrol, MoDOT, County Sheriff's Dept, Water Patrol, etc. for keeping our athletes safe. Next year's Branson 70.3 is set for October 7th so get it on your race calendar now. Thanks again to all the participants, volunteers and sponsors. Great job to Ryan, Tom Z., Tim, Dave and everyone involved.
Ross Summers
Branson/Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks from Branson [1Branson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, october is tempting. IMUSA, Vegas, and another round of Branson might be a little much for 1 season, though. I hope to be back at some point. Thanks for a great venue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Branson did a great job putting on this race and supporting the athletes, evenin the pouring rain during the run! THANK YOU Branson!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The website is showing the race in Sept. October is a firm date? That would be a great time to have it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, thanks to all volunteers........and everybody else you mention helped make this race what it is. The hospitality was phenomenal. Since last year's race, this has been my 4th visit to your town. I cannot admire enough the natural beauty of your area. It is truly a wonderful event and I am glad to see you move it to Oct 7.
The critique that I have for RD and you, change back the bike course to 2010. It was much better and way faster coming down 248 vs. narrow and slow bike trail. The course is difficult enough and slow enough without a need to slow it further.

Special thanks to all those kids that worked the aid stations in pouring rain. I am grateful to adults also, but kids made my day. It motivated me to keep going.
I will see you in 2012.
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks from Branson [atasic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the review atasic. The reason we had to change the bike course is for major construction currently under way on the Hwy 248 bridge across Hwy 65. The bridge is down to two narrow lanes and there simply was not enough room to give bikes a free lane like last year. When the new bridge is completed we'll take another look for next year's race. BTW, we are confirmed for October 7th, 2012 so get it on your calendar now! We're going to try to make it a rain-free weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Echo all those statements... Support was fantastic from everyone. All the volunteers standing in the pouring rain, either helping with direction or at the aid stations, continuing to cheer us on was really inspiring. For sure in the last few miles of the run when the effort from the bike took away the legs! Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job by all! Good venue, GREAT volunteers and a fair, challenging course......the bike course was tough but not brutal.....except for all the flats!! Kudos to everyone from the Branson organization for being able to pull the race off given the marginal weather both before and on race day...
I will be back....next year? Maybe.....

Paul

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by RUDY PROJECT...check out http://www.e-rudy.com
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.
"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Götzen-Dämmerung (1899)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's cool that someone from a chamber of commerce goes on a triathlon forum to thank the athletes (among others) who participated in a local event. I don't recall ever seeing that.

After doing Redman in Oklahoma City a few years ago, I asked their convention and visitors bureau why the triathlon wasn't listed on their local events calendar. Their response: "We didn't know about it." Jeez. We had hundreds of out-of-state athletes (plus their families) at the event, and booked up a couple hotels. (The good news is that the Oklahoma City Convention & Visitors Bureau is now a major sponsor of Redman.)

Ross, we need you at the Lake of the Ozarks. Pronto.

Jim
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks from Branson [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
I think it's cool that someone from a chamber of commerce goes on a triathlon forum to thank the athletes (among others) who participated in a local event. I don't recall ever seeing that.

After doing Redman in Oklahoma City a few years ago, I asked their convention and visitors bureau why the triathlon wasn't listed on their local events calendar. Their response: "We didn't know about it." Jeez. We had hundreds of out-of-state athletes (plus their families) at the event, and booked up a couple hotels. (The good news is that the Oklahoma City Convention & Visitors Bureau is now a major sponsor of Redman.)

Ross, we need you at the Lake of the Ozarks. Pronto.

Jim

+1. That is pretty cool and really makes me think this city wants folks like me there. It goes a long way.....
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks from Branson [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The IM Branson website shows September 16, 2012.

Is it still October 7?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am glad to hear the race will be there next year. I wasn't sure it would be on the calendar in 2012.

If I don't make it to Vegas in 2012, then I will be headed to Branson.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks from Branson [cam2win] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cam2win wrote:
I am glad to hear the race will be there next year. I wasn't sure it would be on the calendar in 2012.

If I don't make it to Vegas in 2012, then I will be headed to Branson.

You can do both. . . they will be 4 weeks apart!
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks from Branson [Tell3131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The date on the IM website is wrong - I've contacted them to get it corrected.
The 2012 Branson 70.3 is on October 7th. We moved it to get more separation from the Worlds.
Plus we moved it to a rain-free weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1Branson wrote:
The date on the IM website is wrong - I've contacted them to get it corrected.
The 2012 Branson 70.3 is on October 7th. We moved it to get more separation from the Worlds.
Plus we moved it to a rain-free weekend.

I know you were responding to the previous poster who stated that the IM website had the date as Sept. 16, 2012. The date has now changed to Sept. 23, 2012 though. Is this the correct date for next year's race or is the website still incorrect and it is Oct. 7th?