Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Terenzo
Quote | Reply
Been keeping up with his Instagram stories, so good to see him back and looking fit for Kona. Have always been a fan of his and great to see how he looks after his crash last year. Go Bozzone!
Last edited by: mitchrapp: Sep 19, 19 18:19
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo [mitchrapp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think as soon as he arrived in Hawaii someone stole all his t-shirts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too noticed this. Is he a legit factor?? Or his he just burning himself up?? Honestly he looks cooked.
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like he’s going back to New Zealand for family and recovery and then back to Kona 10 days out. Haven’t seen/heard much from him this year but nice to see him sharing workouts/thoughts ~4 weeks out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember his first Kona race and Macca saying how bright his ironman future was. While he has had such success at the 70.3 distance, here we are years later and he just has not had luck at Ironman. Hope he has a good go this year, he is getting up there in age and not sure how many more trips to the island he has.
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Terenzo has broken 8 hours twice. Once in NZ in 2018, which is not an easy course, and again in West Oz 2018 in his first ironman since his accident. He still seems to be improving. But yes, has been a bit unlucky at the ironman distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
I too noticed this. Is he a legit factor?? Or his he just burning himself up?? Honestly he looks cooked.

Perhaps his coach didn't string him along enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
thatzone wrote:

Perhaps this is where he could use a GREAT coach :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
T-wrecks wrote:
thatzone wrote:

Perhaps this is where he could use a GREAT coach :)

Is he still with Dan Plews ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly he looks cooked. //

No doubt that he warms up too much..

But honestly, he and Tim Don have had a whirl on the karma bitch train these past years. Both of them seemed to get over some mediocre seasons, and were on fire, making some huge gains in long distance. Then tragedy struck both of them, only now able to attempt to get back where they were before. I was so looking forward to both those guys pitching up in Kona after absolutely stellar races, and now it is just hoping they have some sort of decent day out there. Not sure either will ever get back to that form of a few years ago, both are getting to that age where gains stop, and it is just about stopping the bleeding of your former self each year. Witness Crowie and Cameron...

I still remember his race at Wildflower the year he set the record. I rode a MTB behind him on the run, and if I hadn't seen it, would not have believed he did the entire course. Just about every great athlete did that course, took decades for someone like Simon Lessing to finally break 4 hours, by a second or two. But Macca, Zack, Chris Lee, Tinley, and every great 1/2 distance guy, could not break that 4 hour barrier. Ralert went like a 3;56 or so, considered the best 1/2 guy ever at that time. Then on this one day, nothing that special about weather or wind, he goes 3;53, while running a 1;11+ on that hilly, dirt trailed, run from hell course. We would get all excited if someone ran a 1;15/16 there, and when Simon went like a 1;13+, we thought that was it for this course..

He has had a few other races like that, but that record still stands, probably will be the final time on the stairway of champions for that course record too...I will be rooting for him come Kona time, hoping he can find the magic one more time..
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did WF that year too and remember thinking "who the hell is Terenzo Bozzone?" and he went HOW fast?

For whatever reason, it WAS a fast day out there, I think it was not very hot (compared to previous years) and the winds were quite light, or we had a some sneaky tailwind down Jolon road (an no headwind up Nasty to the finish). I personally was 15 minutes faster than any other of my 6 previous WF death marches that day or on any day thereafter.
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep!
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo [Jocelynmccauley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jocelynmccauley wrote:
Yep!

so then he is with a great coach :-)

thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally agree. Would be epic to see him have a stellar race in Kona 2019. Still remember his IM NZ victory, truly a masterpiece performance.
Quote Reply