Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tell me an aero bottle you like...
Quote | Reply
I have a BTS set up for two bottles. Nothing on downtube and nothing BTA.

Is there a particular aero bottle that folks like? I've read some negative things particularly about the cervelo bottle but have not seen anything positive (or negative) about any other bottles either.

I have. Cervelo P2.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me an aero bottle you like... [curdog16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Torpedo BTA and 2 bottles BTS for IM. Might switch to 1 BTS since there's no reason to hold that much weight when there's so many aid stations.

I have a custom compartment from custom bike xcessories in my down tube to hold Tailwind mix

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
curdog16 wrote:
I
Is there a particular aero bottle that folks like?

Well I can tell you one I don't like : profile designs Aero HC BTA bottle.

In theory, I like the bottle when it comes to the bottle itself. The straw sucks & the computer mount sucks.
I'll break it down by each thing that sucks:

Straw: it's rigid and sticks right up into my face, I ended up ditching it and started using a flexible food grade hose. I've since gotten a straw from the PD aero FC that has the bite valve and will be trimming that and trying it out this weekend.

Computer mount: so much is so wrong with the computer mount. First, it's location. It's sooooo far freaking back. Second it's so narrow and my zip ties wahoo mount constantly slides off the side. There is no way to mount it in front of the bottle. I've seen some ideas i.e. zip tie it to the top of the bottle or completely turn the whole bottle/mount system 180°. I'm going to test these out and may eventually just get an xlabs mount and use the bottle/straw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am on my third front hydration system. I started with Profile design, moved to Speedfil, and finally ended up with X-Lab's Torpedo. The torpedo allows me to refill easily. It is the same size as standard water bottles at 26 ounces. I have the straw sticking up, which kinda looks silly I guess. But when I tuck down all the way, I can easily take a sip. My only complaint is the little black breather piece. I lost mine somehow, maybe washing the bottle, who knows but had to purchase an entire refresh kit as opposed to buying the one piece. So now I am more careful when I wash out the bottle. I also have X-labs dual cages for the back of my saddle and have also have their little bag tucked up under the wing with a tube, CO2, etc., etc. All this is mounted on a Cervelo P3 btw.
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me an aero bottle you like... [DesertTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DesertTriGuy wrote:
I have the straw sticking up, which kinda looks silly I guess. But when I tuck down all the way, I can easily take a sip.

ryf has her setup like this. i saw she did so i did the same and when i was using the torpedo i really liked it like that.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you talking specifically about a bottle/cage to put on the frame?

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use and like the Supacaz frame aero bottle. Has a larger opening than some I've used so can tip your powders straight in and shake up rather than mixing in another container and pouring in, easy to grip and a standard bottle nozzle. I wasn't a fan of the Elite bottle most people use had one bounce out my frame in an IM once, super small opening and don't like the nozzle.

https://www.pushys.com.au/supacaz-tri-fly-3k-carbon-cage-with-550ml-aero-water-bottle.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI19TU4YKN8gIVQSlyCh0bSwYVEAQYAiABEgJHD_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#76=674
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
XLab Torpedo up front, aero bottle on downtube and adding the XLab bts single with the 🦍 grip bottle cage. I like them all, lost the front bottle on the first bump off of a descent at St. George. Zip tie for future races. Does anybody have any feedback on the Aeria hydration system standard with the QR PRSix2?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For BTA I really like the PD FC bottles. Easy to fill, easy to clean, straw out of the way, aero shape, and holds a few gels in the rear.
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me an aero bottle you like... [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to run an xlabs torpedo, but recently I’ve run a soft flask with a straw in my jersey and probably won’t go back. It’s cleaner (little to no spilling) and easier to drink from, and it keeps the front end from being cluttered. If you plan it right it can provide extra cooling till you decide to drink from it.
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me an aero bottle you like... [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Lyla,

Have you reached out to us about the bottle launching - happy to take a look and see what might have caused it!

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me an aero bottle you like... [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just going with the Aeria (Profile) as I disliked how noisy my previous Profile aero BTA bottle. It was velcroid on to my bar and just made noise and bounced around, so hoping the stem system really works.

Then one bottle behind the seat (two makes my bike swing too much) and one on the down tube. Using the aero bottle on the down tube but mid race refills are a pain...so still thinking that through for IM.

On the front system: I can find a place for my computer. There is the normal Aeria mount but it puts the computer right between my bars and I hit it with my fingers...so thats kind of annoying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Here's mine. Cut down the straw and got a different bite valve off Amazon (CamelBak Big Bite valve). Bought a second/backup set of the Garmin mount and doubled-up on the rubber o-rings/loops.
Last edited by: mrfreeze: Aug 3, 21 14:09
Quote Reply