Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Technogym MyRun Treadmill Feedback? (UPDATE)
Quote | Reply
My treadmill died this weekend, which I could see coming because it was starting to drop speed periodically. Good excuse to buy something newer and better.

I've been doing research and also tested a few treadmills at a local fitness store. I know the Sole is pretty well regarded here, and the F85 at $2K is a strong contender. However, I do a lot of interval running, and the quick speed adjustments on the Sole is pretty goofy. There are direct buttons for 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 12 mph. But from one of those speeds, you have to hit a button in 0.1 mph increments for adjustment. And of course I spend most of my time in the 6-8 mph range, which would mean a lot of frequent button pressing.

I came across the Technogym MyRun, which seems pretty interesting because you connect your iPad to it as an additional control screen. You aren't paying for a huge screen, and you don't have to pay for a subscription, like you essentially have to do with a Peloton. The Technogym app also has a pretty easy way to create and save custom workouts, which is a huge plus for the way I use a treadmill. I also like the simple large levers for manual speed and incline adjustments.

Does anyone have a MyRun or tried one? If so, I'd love to hear your feedback about the running deck and overall operation, including how well it plays with the app. There aren't many reviews on this treadmill. I found a few old comments on this forum complaining about reliability, although nothing specific, so I'm hoping to get more recent feedback.

In case it helps, my treadmill setup is a large TV on the wall in front to watch shows, so I don't need a treadmill with a TV screen for viewing media. With the MyRun, I would use my iPad to run my custom workouts and maybe display Zwift running.
Last edited by: dktxracer: Oct 14, 21 11:29
Quote Reply
Re: Technogym MyRun Treadmill Feedback? [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi I’ve got one had it about a year now, can’t really fault it, it connects to Zwift seamlessly, and it’s own programs are quite good, my wife uses them, very clean dashboard, all controls are easy, yes it’s not cheap but we like a lot, and also found customer service to be very good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I've had several treadmills in the past including a commercial Life Fitness 9500HR.

I've had my MyRun for about 12 months now and love it.

It just works....very well.

Better than the Life Fitness at a fraction of the price, size and weight.

I've done short and sharp runs and 2 hour runs on it.

Love it.

Pat.
Quote Reply
Re: Technogym MyRun Treadmill Feedback? [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks kinda small, especially short? All the people on the website look huge on it, has anyone fallen off the back yet??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I demoed one at their NYC store and put a couple miles on it. I came to the conclusion that it’s a very nice treadmill in terms of function, but nothing special. The connection to the iPad works Greta and I think it’s a brilliant design because your head unit never goes out of date as long as you buy a new iPad every few years.

The biggest thing for me is that the price of a new MyRun is about what I paid for a used Woodway 4Front, a Landice L8, etc…. So for the price, there are lots of competitive options that also have Bluetooth and connect directly to Zwift.

Re: Technogym MyRun Treadmill Feedback? [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm going to pull the trigger on the MyRun, and delivery is looking like 2-3 weeks.

IKnowEverything: I'm guessing you bought your used Woodway before COVID? I'm not seeing many for sale lately, especially in my area. Used older ones have asking prices around $6K+. I've never run on a Woodway but would love to try it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:

IKnowEverything: I'm guessing you bought your used Woodway before COVID? I'm not seeing many for sale lately, especially in my area. Used older ones have asking prices around $6K+. I've never run on a Woodway but would love to try it.

Believe it or not, we got the Woodway for $4500 just a few months ago... but I did just look up the MyRun, and it's either a lot less money than when it was new (and when I tried it), or I just have a terrible memory - because $4500 is a decent ways off the $3k price of the MyRun. I do also recognize we got a screaming deal of screaming deals - to the point where we actually drove 6 hours in a friend's borrowed pickup truck to buy it.

I guess now that I've actually refreshed my memory as to the prices, the MyRun is a much better deal that I remember at $3k. At that price point, I'd probably still try and see if I could snag a lightly used Landice L7/L8 first simply for the running deck experience (the Landice is really great)... but if I couldn't find anything in my area, I'd be happy with the Technogym.

Re: Technogym MyRun Treadmill Feedback? [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UPDATE: I ended up buying a Landice L7. I tried one at a local fitness store and it just plain works. The belt speed changes quickly, which is a common complaint with other treadmills, and the buttons work well and were very responsive. The other big factor was the lifetime (parts) / 5 year (console) warranty versus only 2 years on the Technogym, and not being able to actually test out the Technogym in person.

Like the Technogym, the L7 has the ability to program custom workouts, although the interface isn't as slick as the Technogym. But it's there and a very nice feature for the way my wife and I use a treadmill.

This wasn't a huge factor, but the Landice was delivered to my house the day after purchase, and they hauled away my old broke treadmill. Considering that the treadmill goes on our second floor and we have a circular staircase, this was pretty nice. The Technogym would have been a 2-3 week wait and the sales guy wasn't sure if their delivery service would haul away the old treadmill. Although I'm sure I could have thrown some cash at the delivery guys to at least haul the old treadmill downstairs.

We got 15+ years out of our Pacemaster treadmill, so I think we got our money's worth out of it.
Last edited by: dktxracer: Oct 14, 21 11:30
Quote Reply
Re: Technogym MyRun Treadmill Feedback? (UPDATE) [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it looks like I am getting the TechnoGym MyRun treadmill. Is it best to use a mat under it or not? I have a Wahoo mat under my Kickr Bike and was thinking of getting one for the MyRun. FWIW, the room it will be in is carpeted. Thanks!

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care.”
Quote Reply