Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Teardrop Trailer reviews anyone?
Quote | Reply
Anyone here have a teardrop trailer and want to give their thoughts? We think we are down to InTech Luna, Bean and Cricket.

Thanks!

Banger
Quote Reply
Re: Teardrop Trailer reviews anyone? [banger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at and considered a T@B trailer. Very nice, well made. I just couldn't justify the price. We bought a pop up.

It's a Good life if you don't Weaken!
My Mom 1922-2004
Quote Reply
Re: Teardrop Trailer reviews anyone? [banger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would love to hear some feedback on this as I'm looking for one too. Ideally want something that fits in a standard garage as I can't store it outside my house and don't want to pay storage fees
Quote Reply
Re: Teardrop Trailer reviews anyone? [sake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a teardrop! It's a locally made one (i.e. not a name brand) and I bought it used from a friend. Dimensions are ~6x10 and it's fairly spartan. I've got 1 car charger port on the inside, the bed is probably about full size, the cabinets open on both sides (inside and outside), and our kitchen basically has a light and a sink (powered by a boat battery). No other real electricity outlets, no fridge, etc. It's basically a tent camping set up that's a bit more comfy.

We got it because we like doing longer MTB riding weekends (or camping races) and we wanted to sleep better. The teardrop fits easily into our garage and it's loaded up and ready to go pretty quickly. We charge the battery the night prior and fill up the water tank. It takes us about 30-60 min to pack everything up and another 30-60 min to unpack everything when we get home. We sleep VERY well. It's so nice to go ride for 3-4 hours, come back, and take a nice nap. Our windows are pretty darkly tinted and we often sleep in until 8 AM. And it stays pretty warm. We've camped in Fruita where it got to 30 deg and we were plenty warm without a heater.

Ours weighs about 800 lbs unloaded. I have a 2001 Xterra that honestly struggles towing it (I'm actually buying a brand new 4Runner because of this). Bike storage is something to consider. We prefer to load our bikes INSIDE the back of our SUV. This insures they're not stolen, but also we thought the roof rack or bike rack add on to the hitch wasn't a great solution for us.

Let me know if you have any other questions or would like pictures of our set up.
Quote Reply