Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Team in training rocks! (Memphis in May)
Quote | Reply
Yesterday I did the Memphis in May tri, and it was the first one I have ever done with a large TinT presence. From some of the posts I have seen here I didn't know what to expect.

Well, I saw only rule-obeying cyclists, enthusiastic (very enthusiastic) spectators cheering for everyone, and a bunch of people doing this for altruistic reasons and the love of the sport.

At the risk of flames, I would propose that perhaps there are some TinT teams that greatly enhance the sport. Heck, I'm thinking of joining up myself.

Scott Atkinson
Quote Reply
Re: Team in training rocks! (Memphis in May) [skeets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't that the race with a time trial start......racers begin in a predetermined order, spaced out by a few seconds?

It has always appeared to me by the descriptions that most of the heartache with TnT comes from a bit of a culture clash. Many of them wish to congregate and bond during the race, which is at odds with the individual nature of a triathlon or runner's road race. I've never believed that their knowlege of the rules is any worse than any other new racers'; they just have a population that wants to stay together for company's sake during a race, even if that doesn't make sense (and indeed is against rules and can spoil the race) to other racers.

I can't go by personal experience; the only race I've been in with a large TnT population was the Peachtree Road Race 10K in Atlanta, and the few purple racers that were up in the highly time seeded groups ran alone or close to it like everybody else. I heard that there were slow moving throngs of them further back but I didn't see them.

But in an Oly distance race with a staggered start they would never get to cluster up (nor would anyone else inclined to do so) until most other racers were past them.
Quote Reply
Bah, Humbug! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Evil I say, Evil! Curses be upon you. You can not speak positively of TNT (Total Nutcase Triathletes.) There is no possible way for any Team In Training to do anything remotly positive. The very fact it is large and succesful makes it horrendously vile. No one can have a succesful story about TnT, it is obviously impossible. And you, you say you are considering joining, you have obviously fallen under there evil spell. Eat four Cliff Bars, drink 88 ounces of Accelerade, and go swim four miles in shark infested water, and they will cease to appeal to you (because you'll likely be dead.)

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply