Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Team Soloist as full time Tri-Bike
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on using a Cervelo Team Soloist as full-time tri-bike?

Before you ask...Soloist comes in a slightly smaller 700c sizes, so has smaller top tube/"horizontal dim. measurements" (what they call from bottom bracket > middle of headset) when compared to 700c 51cm Dual or 52cm P2k (700c)... The P2K frame measures a little longer than I wish...

I've ridden a 650c & steeper angle bike (QR flavor); neither worked well in comfort, control, & power (measured on CompuTrainer).
Quote Reply
Re: Team Soloist as full time Tri-Bike [lobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride the soloist in both configurations Road & TT. I put the seat in the forward position when in the TT position. I have an angled stem (down)which allows for lower TT position. I have only test rode permanent steep angled bikes so I have little to compare the ride of the soloist when in the TT Position yet I have nothing to complain about. In the road position it is a great bike. Having the ability of the forward position is why I bought this bike. Some people ride it with aero bars without putting the seat in the forward position but only sliding the seat forward on the rails. I never measured the seat angle that I use in the TT position but it is very comfortable for me. Remember if you have the seat in the forward position (76) you effectively shorten the reach (Top Tube) by 2cm+/- I think, the cervelo webpage has the numbers. Great Bike I love it. Check out bikesportmichigan.com. Tom Demerly has his revue on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Soloist as full time Tri-Bike [lobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My choice would be a Dual or P2K for full time tris but there is no reason why you couldn't use the Soloist. Realize that you'll be restricted to a 75/76 degree "multi-sport position" rather than a 78/79 as on a Dual, P2K or P3. However, that works better for some people. If you feel the Soloist really is a better fit then go for it. At least then you'll also have the advantage using it also as a road bike if desired.
Quote Reply