Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Team Secondhand Racing
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone. Do you have a second to let me share my special motivational message with you?

One time my Uncle Maxxis, world famous tire salesmen came up to me and said "Hubcap, things get used then we get tired of them, But sometimes them things is still good."

With this wisdom in mind I have came up with Team Secondhand racing. The idea came to mind during the latest rash of is Mr. Tibbs nuts posting. There are two groups. Those who hate me and those who stay on the other side of the room. So I figured, what the heck is there to loose?

Have you ever lusted after a new toy? Wanted it real bad. Bought it. Put it on. It was everything that old thing wasn't? Of course you have! New stuff is wonderful. Did ever turn too throw away the old thing and say, "Hey this is still good? Why am I throwing it away?" You put it on a shelf and it just turns into a dust collector? Of course you have! Has your wife ever given you a rash of shit about all the crap in the garage? Your damn right she has! Allow me help.

You see I am broke. At the same time I have no pride. So I said to myself "Self. What do you have going for you?" To which I answered myself. "A great ass and the power of imagination." So I imagined myself sponsored. By the good people of the world.

So I am accepting new or used goods. Not picky. Not picky at all. If you got a dumamaflatchy sitting around the garage and you just don't know what to do with it send me message and I'll see if it will fit in the team quiver. Then you throw it in whatever box you have slap my digits on it and when you get around to it send to me COD. Minimal expense to you and maximum satisfaction to your soul.

As we say here at Team Secondhand Racing...

"We ain't too proud to beg!"

Let the flames begin!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Last edited by: Mr. Tibbs: Jan 31, 04 8:58
Quote Reply
Flaming [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the worst idea ever. To think that someone would stoop to the level of free handouts, and giving away their hard earned possesions. The very notion, that people should get hand-me downs is crazy. Nobody is ever going to fall for this. Ever!
Where do I sign up?
Quote Reply
Re: Team Secondhand Racing [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a front Shamal with 11 spokes, it would be super aero if you could get your bike to go straight,

What level of hell do I send it to?

Cycle Cellar Inc.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm actually envious (sp?) that you used that name.

It is a great idea for a club set up for first time adult racers, or even kids. With a catchy name like that, a creative website, a team of volunteer workers, and you might be able to get some folks/companies to make some pretty significant donations to a group of peopple looking to have some fun and do some racing.

I'm being very serious. The other thread talks about BOP's spending a fortune on equipment. Well, this is just the opposite ... a bunch of people wanting to try a ne sport, wanting to have fun, but don't have the money to buy the expensive stuff ... what could be a better marketing strategy for a sport that's very "isolated" based on the average income of its participants.

I have little doubt that this could turn into something where you started out as one member, and turned it into a club of 15 or so. Using local businesses, contacts from this board, I could really see people being willing to donate second-hand racing equipment for those wanting to give this sports a shot.

For triathlon businesses, new members = bigger profits (eventually), and the growth of a sport.

---------------------------------

If that is unappealing, then think of it this way. Over time as the secondhand racing team fgrows, you'll bring in more money, start selling the seondhand equip to members rather than giving it away, bringing in corporate donations ($$$$) for advertising, and you'll never have to work again and can go live next door to Hugh Hefner. What better reason to start a charitable organization?

-------------------------------

The first part of this post is 100% serious. The 2nd paragraph is 100% sarcasm. This part is 100% informationally explanatory (whatever that means).

-----------------------------

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jon, what are your dimensions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most pro-triathletes are already members of this team, very few of them are riding new, or unused equipment.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Secondhand Racing [Ben in FL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Tibbs, PM me your address; I have some 2nd hand tires and tubes for you. Oh I think I have some used gels too.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, I've packed up an old bike chain, a used tire tube which needs patching, and 3 of the heaviest bricks I could find, and of course .... a hug. I'll mail the COD as my earliest convenience.

Anyone know the mailing address to the Betty Ford Clinic?

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply