Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Team Charles-Barclay pain cave takes the cake
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if this was posted already, but just saw the YouTube video of Team Charles-Barclay's new pain cave, WOW!!! I thought Lionel's pain cave was impressive, theirs has to take to prize!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wInHyvCNMGo
Quote Reply
Re: Team Charles-Barclay pain cave takes the cake [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just watched that. Pretty amazing setup!
Quote Reply
Re: Team Charles-Barclay pain cave takes the cake [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I wonder who's better at Jiu Jitsu and how often they roll.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Charles-Barclay pain cave takes the cake [EndurancePhysio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't even know treadmills in a pool were a thing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah that place is insane, wish i had 1/10 the setup!
Are they living with Reeces dad (since he build it for boxing) or do they own the place now?

Also when i see these pro pain caves, i always wonder how they safeguard against burglars. There are so many high end bikes in these places it must be the perfect place to break it :S
Quote Reply
Re: Team Charles-Barclay pain cave takes the cake [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
Are they living with Reeces dad (since he build it for boxing) or do they own the place now?

Read somewhere that they moved in during lockdown and camped in the boxing ring!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice.
And ok, a toilet is state of the art, but a bit boring compared with the yellow pissing bucket of Lionel.

Still feel a bit frustrated, I thought 2 years ago about installing an endless pool but did not in the end. Would have been nice in these Coronatimes.
Last edited by: longtrousers: Jun 9, 20 1:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Her new hyphenated last name kills me, as I was a Sixers/NBA fan when Charles Barkley played. During the Ironman I chuckled every time someone mentioned her name and I did a double take when I saw the title of this thread. I'm pretty sure Sir Charles hasn't done any aerobic exercise since he retired, so he doesn't have a pain cave.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Charles-Barclay pain cave takes the cake [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
offpiste.reese wrote:
I'm pretty sure Sir Charles hasn't done any aerobic exercise since he retired, so he doesn't have a pain cave.
Don't be so sure. There's probably a clip of him out there somewhere admitting live on air to the existence of his own "pain cave".

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Team Charles-Barclay pain cave takes the cake [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought of that, I should've added the same type of pain cave as Lucy!
Quote Reply
Re: Team Charles-Barclay pain cave takes the cake [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
I didn't even know treadmills in a pool were a thing!

They are quite expensive. I do hospital and school construction.
Anywhere from $25k-$100k depending on complexity.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Charles-Barclay pain cave takes the cake [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
offpiste.reese wrote:
Her new hyphenated last name kills me, as I was a Sixers/NBA fan when Charles Barkley played. During the Ironman I chuckled every time someone mentioned her name and I did a double take when I saw the title of this thread. I'm pretty sure Sir Charles hasn't done any aerobic exercise since he retired, so he doesn't have a pain cave.

Gotta admit, the first thing that flashed through my mind was Sir Charles pedaling away on a tri-bike mounted to a Kicker, saying "This triathlon training is turrible; just turrible."

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Jun 9, 20 13:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Woodway. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Team Charles-Barclay pain cave takes the cake [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lack of a sparring ring is definitely limiting my fitness.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Charles-Barclay pain cave takes the cake [rosshm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not a fan. While they have everything anyone could need, it looks incredibly cluttered. The boxing ring is cool, but it takes up a lot of space.

Personally, I like Triathlon Taren's setup better. It's all in one room with the endless pool and very clean looking. The brick walls look cool too. Imo his pain cave is legit.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Charles-Barclay pain cave takes the cake [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like my serenity cave, but I am missing a pool.
Quote Reply