Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TeamZoot - 2020
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone...curious if anyone got an email yesterday? They said they would notify good or bad on Nov. 10th, so just wanted to see if anyone received anything? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: TeamZoot - 2020 [EHouse20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this point, they're just accepting everyone who asks so don't fret.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya still waiting over here ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was also wondering the same thing as I never got a yay or nay email from them yesterday either.
Quote Reply
Re: TeamZoot - 2020 [aminthepm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All of us Team Captains submitted our roosters last week. No we did not take everyone. Announcements should be later this week and you will receive an e-mail.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: TeamZoot - 2020 [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, thanks Bryan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zoot responded on to someone on Instagram that it will go out today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you did not do 20 social media posts this weekend with hash tag #teamZoot sorry you didn't not meet the minimum requirements
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they just sent out the email for acceptances

This type of team seems to get a good bit of hate on here. Not sure why. Yeah it costs money but you get a decent kit for that money and then discounts on additional gear
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got my email that I’m on the team. Anyone know what the acceptance rate is on this?
Quote Reply
Re: TeamZoot - 2020 [gbc0005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gbc0005 wrote:
Just got my email that I’m on the team. Anyone know what the acceptance rate is on this?

Each regional Captain has 100% discretion on who and how many they select. Zoot is keen on growing the Team in 2020 but we didn’t give any set target numbers. I had about 80 in the Southwest and should have about 130 in 2020 if everyone accepts a spot.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Last edited by: Bryancd: Nov 11, 19 12:00
Quote Reply
Re: TeamZoot - 2020 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They turned down my application. I always make to the podium in my AG and only wear Zoot kits, but it looks like I'm not that active in social media. It's ok I don't have to spend extra money to buy their kit. Save money, race more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are the 2020 Team partners..

Team ZOOT
Last edited by: Bryancd: Nov 11, 19 12:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check your other inboxes, my email automatically went into my promotions inbox.
Quote Reply
Re: TeamZoot - 2020 [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here, I got turned down, podium'd every race this year, bought a lot of Zoot kit, love the sport, like the team vibe, same here on the social media also - just not a big poster. Ah well ...
Quote Reply
Re: TeamZoot - 2020 [ctkidd_23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ctkidd_23 wrote:
Same here, I got turned down, podium'd every race this year, bought a lot of Zoot kit, love the sport, like the team vibe, same here on the social media also - just not a big poster. Ah well ...

I hear you. We definitely miss opportunities to have some great people on the team because we need a degree of social media engagement. Back when we had the Zoot Utra Team that was performance based it was great to have all podium folks but not a lot of engagement for the brand and Team partners. And I get social media can suck and isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but it does help move product.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Understood, that is a shame but makes sense, appreciate the response.
Quote Reply
Re: TeamZoot - 2020 [SnowChicken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I agree. Not sure why. Out of the programs I applied for and have been on, this one is the most "active" where they have meet ups, pre-race events and friendly people. I feel like this is a community as to where others, I just get discounts and not super engaged.

I am sure I could reach out on the other programs but felt like a community right away on Zoot. Glad to be back!

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Last edited by: tsdogma: Nov 11, 19 16:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never applied before because I don't podium or do social media. I am very active within my team and community. I race a lot, joke a lot and smile a lot and don't take the sport too seriously but embrace the camaraderie of like-minded individuals. Not sure that was conveyed on my limited social media or application but I got accepted along with a couple others so I will have to decide which might suck more than not having to decide. It's starting to feel a bit serious but being accepted is what I've loved about this sport from the beginning... Well, that and the overpriced race shirts!
Quote Reply
Re: TeamZoot - 2020 [tsdogma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on one of first few seasons and trying to decide if I should accept. The only change would really be me switching my race kit but im also on younger side so wondering how much of a presence people in low 20s have on this team. Think ot will be harder for me to relate to people who have families and are just at a different stage in their life compared to me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
honestly, its all over. Triathlon is usually an sport for older people but I know a good amount of people on our team that are in their 20s. I would reach out to your captain and see what its like on your region.

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got an email saying I got a spot on the team...and then 15 minutes later go an email saying I didn’t make the team. Anyone else get both?? Emailed them for clarification so we will see!
Quote Reply
Re: TeamZoot - 2020 [patmcb13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patmcb13 wrote:
I got an email saying I got a spot on the team...and then 15 minutes later go an email saying I didn’t make the team. Anyone else get both?? Emailed them for clarification so we will see!

There have been a few instances of that. Ignore the declination e-mail.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I was accepted to the team and am pretty excited about it. The discounts sound good (as luck would have it, I was planning to buy a QR bike next year) but I'm most looking forward to the social aspect of being on the team (meeting other members, attending team events, etc.).

Team Zoot 2020
Quote Reply
Re: TeamZoot - 2020 [tsdogma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tsdogma wrote:
honestly, its all over. Triathlon is usually an sport for older people but I know a good amount of people on our team that are in their 20s. I would reach out to your captain and see what its like on your region.

Do you know how to go about contacting my captain?

Also for any former members or people who wear zoot tri suits, if I am 6'1" and 155 lbs, wear a medium in the roka sleeved tri suit, would I be a medium in the zoot one? By the dimensions it looks like a small might be the correct size (31-32inch waist)
Last edited by: SnowChicken: Nov 15, 19 6:51
Quote Reply

Prev Next