Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Talon or SeaSucker Mini Bomber Bike Rack
Quote | Reply
Can't decide between a talon - or two talons - or a mini bomber. Most of the time I'll just have one bike, but there will be times I have 2.

Is it overkill only to have 1 bike on a mini bomber? If not, I'll probably go that route.

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by: sprimack: Mar 21, 14 15:17
Quote Reply
Re: SeaSucker Mini Bomber Bike Rack [sprimack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
from a google image search:

It came from seasuckers page
Quote Reply
Re: Talon or SeaSucker Mini Bomber Bike Rack [sprimack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post edited. New question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you aren't price sensitive I think the versatility of two Talons is a far better option. Different mounting options depending on the vehicle and bikes, and a real bonus is that a Talon would be very easy to pack and take with you while traveling - making pretty much any rental car "bike friendly".

Getting two mountain bikes on the mini bomber might be an issue, though I don't know if that's a big deal for you.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what did you decide? I am debating this at the moment. I am looking at doing Ouachita double in March so I would need to transport both gravel & MTB rigs so bomber would come in handy there but otherwise, I rarely drive someone else to a ride/race/trailhead or take two bikes on a weekend away.
Quote Reply
Re: Talon or SeaSucker Mini Bomber Bike Rack [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a mini bomber. I've only had two bikes on it a few times, but i don't remember there being an issue with the bars colliding. Maybe two MTBs with "modern" wide bars could cause an issue, but i feel like the mounts are angled enough that the bars wouldn't touch.

The mini bomber has a ton of wind noise when it's on my car. It sounds about the same with or without bikes on it. It sounds like it creates a lot of drag. I only put it on when i absolutely need to use it.
Quote Reply
Re: Talon or SeaSucker Mini Bomber Bike Rack [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good to know, thanks. I just hit "buy" on the 2 Talon set bc the times I'll have 2 bikes on the roof is relatively limited. It/they will be mounted on a Tesla Model 3 so drag is a concern! So it wind noise but not as much as drag (and also risk of theft!)
Quote Reply
Re: Talon or SeaSucker Mini Bomber Bike Rack [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have two talons. Max flexibility. Holds well on metal and glass roofs.

Gordon
Last edited by: kesslergk: Jan 26, 22 11:37
Quote Reply