Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tall Swimmer Frame and Bibs
Quote | Reply
Any recommendations for a tall guy with a swimmer frame. I've been striking out. Roka's tall's for tri and wetsuits have been a blessing, but I want the bib for training and although I can see them when I search on Roka, I can't buy them anymore

I'm 6'3 (193cm) and 180 (82kg) but I have large-ish swimmer shoulders and thighs. I've been striking out across the board on something that is truly comfortable
Quote Reply
Re: Tall Swimmer Frame and Bibs [Foolless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up some of the Black Bibs Plus Tall and they are significantly longer (both torso height and especially inseam) than any other bibs I've used. Definitely worth getting a pair to try out at least. I'm 6'3" ~170lbs and ordered a medium and while it's probably the right size, it's a bit snug around the quads. If you have decent quads you'd probably fit a large best.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Tall Swimmer Frame and Bibs [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't know they had a tall now!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6'-6.5", 210lbs I recently got some Tall Bibs from https://www.theblackbibs.com/shop/bibs-tall and really like them. I got XL. As you may infer from my screen name, I am tall, and am a swimmer through and through.

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: Tall Swimmer Frame and Bibs [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would order another pair in an instant if the seams in the legs weren't so protruding on the inside. Whenever I take them off I've got some pretty deep impressions all over my thighs. Super great other than that.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On brand for the question, looks like I have a winner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had success with Assos and 7mesh bibs. The straps are soft/stretchy so there is a lot less pressure around the shoulders. Although pretty expensive, the Assos ones last really well.
Quote Reply
Re: Tall Swimmer Frame and Bibs [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quit trying so hard ;) I never ride more than an hour,so not really an issue for me, but I could see that being annoying.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was confused at first and thought the thread was addressed to me specifically, haha.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m 6’4” and 185lbs. I bought the large tall black bibs. The leg and torso length were great. Fit around the quads was a little loose, but not too bad. Thanks everyone for the suggestion!

Any recommendations for jerseys for tall riders?
Quote Reply
Re: Tall Swimmer Frame and Bibs [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
khanlon wrote:
I’m 6’4” and 185lbs. I bought the large tall black bibs. The leg and torso length were great. Fit around the quads was a little loose, but not too bad.

I exchanged the large tall for a large medium. Shorts fit much better! These have a longer leg length than my aerotech designs tall medium bib shorts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another brand to look at is Hincapie. The quads are pretty generous and the straps are definitely on the long side. I'm guessing they designed them around his build.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply