Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Talbot on Oxygen Addict
Quote | Reply
Older episode. He impressed me with his earnestness. Most importantly, he dropped some nuggets. In hopes of a forum where there can be some speculating sans the slander of letsrun...he mention that Carfrae’s next coach will be very scientific. Who could that be? And he said somebody he works with secretly does work with Powercranks! Blast from the past. Who could be secretly benefiting from that tool?!
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot on Oxygen Addict [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyla wrote:
Older episode. He impressed me with his earnestness. Most importantly, he dropped some nuggets. In hopes of a forum where there can be some speculating sans the slander of letsrun...he mention that Carfrae’s next coach will be very scientific. Who could that be? And he said somebody he works with secretly does work with Powercranks! Blast from the past. Who could be secretly benefiting from that tool?!

wth are you talking about? maybe cite your topic?

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot on Oxygen Addict [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's talking about the Oxygen Addict Triathlon Podcast - a british guy called Rob Wilby does it.

Episode 265 from 23rd of December is with Talbot Cox who mentions the above..................
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot on Oxygen Addict [esuuv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.oxygenaddict.com/...12/23/265-talbot-cox
Listen on Spotify: http://bit.ly/OATriPodSpotify
Listen on iTunes: http://bit.ly/OATriPodiTunes
Glad you guys enjoyed it - I thought Talbot was a great listen too :)

Easy link for listening, if you're interested.

Coach Rob Wilby
http://team.oxygenaddict.com/

OxygenAddict Podcast: http://www.oxygenaddict.com/podcast
Last edited by: IronRooster: Jan 14, 20 8:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does this guy get any notoriety at all? I mean aside from being a spoiled rich kid who does work practically for free, calls it a career, and is supported by his parents?
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot on Oxygen Addict [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:
How does this guy get any notoriety at all? I mean aside from being a spoiled rich kid who does work practically for free, calls it a career, and is supported by his parents?

Competing photographer?

The dude puts out tons of triathlon content in a pretty content starved sport. Who cares if he's supported by his parents? (and I don't even know if that's true)

He's having fun and the sport is better off having him a part of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot on Oxygen Addict [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:

Source?!?!?

I heard some whispers last year he earned $140,000. That'd put him top 5 in the pro triathlete prize money rankings for sure (maybe).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:

Lol, he provides the best coverage and insight into what pro triathletes are doing over the year. Without him I'd have no way to follow the sport except for reading race results.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot on Oxygen Addict [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He says on interview one of 8 kids, had first job cutting lawn but dad would not buy lawnmower so he got a bank loan as I recall drifting into sleep while listening to podcast.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot on Oxygen Addict [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He also says they pretty much kicked them out at 18 to be on their own....but I believe he is currently living back at home as he moved back from Boulder? Never understood how the whole business side of things work for him in order to make a living but found the interview interesting and I do find his videos watchable. Just hope they expand a bit this year to offer something a little different as can get kind of stale after awhile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:

Who cares about his background or how he makes his money or not? I like his videos and I like how he enables me to see so much the pro triathletes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:

You name someone else who provided similarly high quality, professional content that was available for the Kona world championships in recent previous years literally the day it was filmed in many cases, and there were quite a few of them.

He also has the special background of being a legit endurance athlete (albeit not pro) prior to his photog years (I recall he was running pretty fast, like in the sub17 5k range?) so I'll bet that made it easy to connect at a real level with all these pro triathletes who were quick to give him unprecedented access to their training and routines to share with the public.

Either way, he's been nothing but good for the sport in terms of sharing and widening the range with which pro triathletes can reach their fans and vice-versa.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:

I like his content, but regardless, listen to the podcast above and then see if you change your views.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:

Have you considered the irony of this post while considering the quote in you signature?
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot on Oxygen Addict [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
Macho Grande wrote:

Have you considered the irony of this post while considering the quote in you signature?

I honestly don’t get this weird obsession by some posters who don’t like certain content. I’m not the biggest fan of Tri Tarren, basically because I’ve been in the sport a while and his “audience” is more beginners. Who cares? Move on and find content you enjoy.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:

"If you have a dream, pursue it as hard as you can. The world needs more of that." - Jordan Rapp

So you quote some inspirational line from Jordan Rapp in all your posts and then slam Talbot for doing exactly what Jordan Rapp suggested?

Spend a bit of time around YouTube and you will soon find out that there are plenty of nobody's who became millionaires while working out of their parents homes posting videos for free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:

I bet your 46 years old, still live with your parents and tried to make it as a tri content provider but got killed by Talbot so now you need to sit behind your screen raging at the keyboard :). See how easily empty assumptions are made, big boy Macho Grande. I'm probably closer to being right too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:

By making content that people want to watch?

He works for free? You mean the athletes he profiles don't pay him? I'm not sure how that's even relevant. If you think of him as a producer / director / cinematographer rather than a photographer, he's actually getting free labour (actors) for his various shows.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tim O' ride (uses) power cranks. If you have a keen eye, it was accidently shown on his bike in the background. The rig was upside-down... so were BOTH cranks.

I'm cautious that posting here will promote the post. Talbot (never met him) is doing a great job at getting brand, life style, and triathlon awareness to the masses. I really appreciate his work. Do I love all of his videos? No, but do I love all of the apps in the Apple Store? no.. You can pick and choose as you like.

Lay off his personal life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:

How else are we gonna know what Lionel is up to ?
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot on Oxygen Addict [ironmanphil90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I'm 47 so you were so so close. Participation medal for you IronmanPhil.

To your other sagacious points...I don't live with my parents as they were killed in a tragic bass fishing accident back in the summer of 1965. My dreams of creating vapid triathlon content were short circuited because prison internet didn't have great bandwidth and getting to events was a problem...So, alas, I just stand on my porch and tell kids to get off my damn lawn.

Oh and I do know the difference between "your" and "you're" so....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:

To your other sagacious points...I don't live with my parents as they were killed in a tragic bass fishing accident back in the summer of 1965. My dreams of creating vapid triathlon content were short circuited because prison internet didn't have great bandwidth and getting to events was a problem...So, alas, I just stand on my porch and tell kids to get off my damn lawn.

Well at least you have that going for you. Don’t care about the rest of YOUR personal life, Talbot isn’t following it for a reason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:

Oh and I forgot... OK boomer.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot on Oxygen Addict [ironmanphil90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Such a great response from you. Man the boomer comment...so funny. So so funny. And original, much like your nom de Slowtwitch.

Gotta take some point off because you didn't threaten to meet me in transition to settle our differences as only MAMIL's would. You still get the participation medal though sport.

So, bruh, are you related to Talbot? I mean you register in 2016 and only 88 posts? Makes an old man wonder.
Quote Reply

Prev Next