Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

T helreigel's Bike
Quote | Reply
Does anyone knwo what kind of bike Thomas Helreigel is riding?
His handle bar setup says road bike... It looks like a Cdale CAAD6 frame.

Does anyone have any opinions on the advantage/disadvantage of riding a "tri" versus "road" setup?

I remember Dan mentioning that the "road" setup was more popular with the european contingent
Quote Reply
Re: T helreigel's Bike [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like to me that he's ridding a CAAD 7 frame with the intergrated headset and crank. Seems that he perfers to ride in the slam position which was made famous by John Cobb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.thomas-hellriegel.de/...organ/hell_bike5.jpg

I believe the Euro version of the Multisport, ie77degree seattube
Quote Reply
Re: T helreigel's Bike [triinTO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at the picture it looks shallow. Why ride drop bars if it was Even if it was, note that the seat is pushed fairly far back. My guess would be he's riding at 75/76. He was slower this year than his course record. Did he not set the course record a few years back on a fairly shallow angle?
Quote Reply
Re: T helreigel's Bike [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's talk about something more meaningful. What's up with the goofy looking helmet? I believe one the other Germans (Zack maybe?) had the same helmet also.

On a more serious note, what are those wheels he is riding? Those rims certainly aren't deep section...perhaps not the best choice, but maybe the best his wheel sponsor offers. Any thought?
Quote Reply
Re: T helreigel's Bike [Harken Banks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotta agree on the goofy helmet thing... It looks straight out of the 80's... as for the wheels, to each his own... its not like he is riding a super aero looking bike either though... guess that's what he is used to

hey to each his own... I wouldn't ride with that helmet though

maybe he doesn't need aero wheels cause redbull gave him wings?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bike is Cannondales Ironman 3000 sold in Europe, depending on the frame size it's around 74 degrees.
Quote Reply
Re: Helmet [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.thomas-hellriegel.de/...anza2002_bike_02.jpg

As Jurgen once said:HELMET, HELMET!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: T helreigel's Bike [Harken Banks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe he rides a non-aero frame and wheels because he wants some company with him on the bike instead of 5 minutes behind :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hellriegel is one of my favorite athletes, and these are interesting photos. I bet the Cannondale is a custom geo model, although I'm not sure. I will tell you those integrated cranks are the best kept secret in cycling. IMHO they absolutely rule! Low Q factor, light and stupid stiff. I have a MS5000 with them and I will never part with that bike. It rules. Hellreigel used drops when he won lake placid also. I bet it's just a personal preference thing.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply