Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TT Chloe Dygert crash
Quote | Reply
Here’s the video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=62F96V0hp8U
A comment or two mentioned a front flat, it looks like, as she lost control. Just a nasty spill!
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [Blmgtnbkr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The placement of those padded barriers was pretty useless. If they had been placed appropriately her race may not have been over.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right? If you're going to miss the turn, you're going off at the very end of it just like she did. The lack of smart course design, usually in regards to barriers and such, is astounding.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Supposedly airlifted to Bologna. Torn quadricep and tendons. I'm certainly hoping for the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow - that looked like a pretty innocent turn, but carrying a bit too much speed can lead to that. Completely agree on the horrible padding placement.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The placement of those barricades was idiotic. Even if you have a complete brake failure, you’re still going to try to make the turn, so any impact would be farther down, not straight off the end of the road.

What a terrible end for Chloe. I hope she makes a full recovery and soon.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks to me like she had a blowout. she's cruising into the turn then looks like her front wheel explodes up (maybe hit rock) then front wheel is squirrely into the barricade.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I thought, hit something or the tire blew (maybe both) and was trying to keep it upright and ran out of road.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [Brewbadger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I watched it live stream and just looked like the front wheel just gave way (so assume punctured) - the tank slapper result comes from whats happening at the front not the back, and it wasn't like she was cranked over cornering excessively hard or anything for any other reason when it went.

Agree too the padding on the corner is dumb AF; its in the wrong place unless you ride the course the other direction.

Hope she recovers well.
Last edited by: BobAjobb: Sep 24, 20 16:53
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [Brewbadger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From my experience, if the tire blew in the turn, the rim would hit the ground, then slide out.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is what I would assume if she was indeed riding a clincher upfront like has been suggested. It doesn't seem like a tyre puncture, but I'm sure we will find out more.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tweet from USA cycling:

As a result of Chloe Dygert’s crash in today’s World Championship Time Trial, she has sustained a laceration to her left leg. She is out of surgery, resting comfortably and is expected to make a full recovery. (1/2) #Imola2020 #RoadWorlds2020

https://t.co/8rKAyXYF7t https://t.co/AQL90CXifO

There's at least one photo on twitter of the laceration, horizontal just above her knee and it looks like her leg is half way cut through. Really nasty.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Sep 24, 20 17:59
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
From my experience, if the tire blew in the turn, the rim would hit the ground, then slide out.

That may not be true if she was running a tubular.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:
jaretj wrote:

I've done it on a tubular as well. All I got was road rash though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If she was running a tubeless compatible rim, chances are the tire stayed on and could have prevented her sliding out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:
jaretj wrote:

Looks like carrying too much speed, was trying to pull up hard and hit a bump to me. You don’t have quite the same control on a tt bike but much like the Tiesj Benoot crash at the tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmJ_sskSJ5M
Last edited by: Shambolic: Sep 24, 20 19:08
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you slow-mo the video you can see the tire is still on the rim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Surprised that she just got a shout out during the Lakers vs Nugget game on TNT. Not sure which announcer it was but I think it was reggie miller, I was only half paying attention and ears perked up when I heard her name. He commented on horrific crash and called her the MJ of TT.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
reggie miller, I was only half paying attention and ears perked up when I heard her name.

Sounds like Reggie. He's a big-time cyclist. I've done some mountain bike races with him, and he's legit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although unlikely, I wonder if her steerer tube came loose. Either way, it did look like some kind of mechanical issue, not anything that Chloe did.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reggie Miller rides and does some mtb racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:
Although unlikely, I wonder if her steerer tube came loose.

That's unlikely the way Felt Bayonet works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:

I think it blew in the turn, but not all the way at first. I think it was slow enough it gave her a chance to get slightly upright, but it was completely squished out as she tried to turn away from the barrier. If it completely blew out right away, I agree she'd have slid out on the rim. My guess is a tubeless setup, only because I've had a puncture like that where it couldn't quite seal in a steerable way, but held at 30psi or something instead of completely flatted.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Chloe Dygert crash [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
hubcaps wrote:
reggie miller, I was only half paying attention and ears perked up when I heard her name.

Sounds like Reggie. He's a big-time cyclist. I've done some mountain bike races with him, and he's legit.

Unrelated, but Reggie is so into it that he's friendly with almost all of the west coast pro mtbers. Payson Mcelveen (I think) tells a story that Reggie was having trouble with some section on his local trail, and asked Payson to session it with him. Payson asked him in return for help with his jump shot, so they spent the entire morning on the bike together, and the afternoon at Reggie's house playing basketball.
Quote Reply

Prev Next