Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TTN, Tom D and FD, follow up to last nights
Quote | Reply
post on PC's

Ok assuming that I have to now go aero on my road bike to reap the benefits.

Question about the PC's: I do not want to put these on my tri-bike, I also dont have a spare set of aero bars knocking about so I need to at some point get some. Do I have to be in an identical position to benefit or so long as I attempting to ride with an aero like position i.e. body lower and forward will I reap the benefits.

So long as the position I assume is similarly accute should I get the benefits?
Quote Reply
Re: TTN, Tom D and FD, follow up to last nights [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say that if you are riding a lot in the drops on your road bike, you will probably be OK. The problem with the aero position is that you are pulling hip angle smaller. You can easily simulate this by riding in the drops.

The other problem you will have on your tri bike is that on normal cranks it is very easy to increase cadence above what you are used to on the PCs. When you do this you become less effecient. Be aware of this and don't let it happen to you.
Quote Reply
Re: TTN, Tom D and FD, follow up to last nights [Goatboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree completely. The issue is hip angle when the foot is at the top, not aero position.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: TTN, Tom D and FD, follow up to last nights [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you would both agree that I could effectively throw on a set of Jammers and that it is the angle more than the exact position that is critical?

I could ride jammers more easily than riding in the drops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey andrew. currently i am using the jammer/slam bars on my PC bike, with road position. i have my race bike set up with a position identical to the slam position but rotated forward around the bb 4 degrees at both seat and bars. if i were you i might try the reverse. take your desired your tri position and then set the road/jammer/PC position rotated back the 4 degrees. so done you will know for certain if your desired tri position is "PC-able", if you know what i mean.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, hip angle is the most important part in being able to reproduce the PC style pedal stroke on your tri bike.
Quote Reply
Re: TTN, Tom D and FD, follow up to last nights [Goatboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, especially in the beginning. You will develop the ability to ride like everyone else, EVENTUALLY.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply