Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TT/Tri frame choices (P3, Wilier)
Quote | Reply
One of those annoying "help me choose" threads. I'm putting together a first TT/tri build. Experienced cyclist but new to all this.

Based on closeout prices/availability on new rim brake frames I've narrowed down to P3 (2018/19), Wilier Blade or Twin Blade, or maybe a Speedmax.

I've tried digging through forums/reviews but not found much on Wilier TT/tri frames. Any feedback on either the Blade or Twin Blade (= Twin Foil?), in particular how they compare to a P3 (which seems a really safe choice).

(Obviously I'd ideally get a fit first and work from that, but that's not straightforward at the moment)

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: TT/Tri frame choices (P3, Wilier) [bikerun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend (actually my coach) had a twin blade as his team bike.
He said the ride was great, but having seen him stuck by the side of the road, with the front end exploded along it, and then being without it for months while waiting for missing bits, I’d steer clear.
He had an IA after that and while more practical, as a long haul tt bike, it didn’t give the same feeling.
Quote Reply
Re: TT/Tri frame choices (P3, Wilier) [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Phil. Yikes!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which of those frames falls within your fit coordinates?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok I just finished a P3 "new to me" rebuild with all the latest and most aero gear. What i discovered in the process is that for ride quality frames just dont make a difference assuming you can fit on it well. Wheels, Tires, Saddle, etc. matter but really not the frame.

Pick the one that fits and looks the best.

With all that said Cervelo does make a good frame as going completely through it like i have it seems really well built and can take on all the upgrades without any issues.
Quote Reply
Re: TT/Tri frame choices (P3, Wilier) [hueby416] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice Hueby, what have you spec'd it with?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tririg alpha x, sram axs 1x wrap, force axs crank with aero ring, flo60 black wheels, tririg brakes and delta cover.
Quote Reply