Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TRX Workouts
Quote | Reply
Trying to incorporate more total body resistance training to my workout regime. I just got a TRX and I'm looking for some resources. Anyone have any recommendations for routines, training plans, exercise, etc? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: TRX Workouts [mmtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are lots of TRX workout video's on YouTube.

Make sure that you connect it to a door that will not fly open when you put your weight on the TRX, as I learnt the hard way.
Quote Reply
Re: TRX Workouts [mmtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRX has half a dozen or so workouts you can download. They also have some videos, I haven't tried those yet at all.

The leg routine was murder for me.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: TRX Workouts [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As has been mentioned, there are tons on YouTube...try some out until you find some that work for you. My local YMCA has a TRX group exercise class that I went to a few times and got lots of great ideas from. Something to check into if you prefer in-person learning. I've had my TRX up in my garage for a few years, and I actually have sold most of my free weights and just use TRX and a kettlebell for any weight training I do. You can get a surprisingly good workout using no weights at all. Great for core too.
Quote Reply
Re: TRX Workouts [ntl_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ntl_tri wrote:
As has been mentioned, there are tons on YouTube...try some out until you find some that work for you. My local YMCA has a TRX group exercise class that I went to a few times and got lots of great ideas from. Something to check into if you prefer in-person learning. I've had my TRX up in my garage for a few years, and I actually have sold most of my free weights and just use TRX and a kettlebell for any weight training I do. You can get a surprisingly good workout using no weights at all. Great for core too.

Completely agree. I was doing a ton of barbell exercises and bought a TRX on a whim. The day after I did TRX push-ups, I was sore in all my stabilizer muscles and core muscles.

TRX is great because it forces you to recruit so many different muscle groups that you normally don’t when performing typical strength training.

As far as workouts, just search the interwebs for pictures of TRX moves and put your own system together. It’s fun to get creative and figure out how many exercises you can quickly swap between.

This is pretty close to the full body circuit I incorporate:
https://www.self.com/...rged-trx-workout/amp
Quote Reply