Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TRP T 851
Quote | Reply
TRP Direct Mount T851 Side Pull Rear Brake review:

Pros:
Easy setup and adjustment, including full range toe-in via concave washers.
Braking force on par with Ultegra Direct mount rear brake.
Adjustable spring rate. If using a solid (aero) chainring may take more time to adjust spring rate.
Provides ample clearance for BB30 cranks and left arm power meters
Pad spacing can be adjusted independent from cable tension.
Allen key set up sizes: 2mm, 4mm & 5mm.
A additional noodle is supplied to suit different cable locations.

Weight: 175 grams.

Equipment used:
2016 Quntana Roo PR6
Reynolds Strike SLG Carbon Wheel with CTg brake pads, Specialized S-Works Turbo 700x24mm Tire.

This brake seems well thought out and constructed. If one of the objectives was to make it compatible with crank based power meters it succeeded.

See my profile page for pics.
Quote Reply
Re: TRP T 851 [mike1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, are you still using this brake?
I have issue with the rear 851 brake at rainy days. Have you ever had any issues at, rainy and dirt road rides?

The brake becomes locked because of rain and dirt.
Quote Reply
Re: TRP T 851 [ndhakara] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I no longer have the bike/brakes. IMO they probably need to be cleaned and lubed i.e. the mounting post, pivot points etc. It helps to have the inner brake cable cleaned and lubed also (Triflow or Finish line dry lube). Some mechanics don't suggest lubing lined brake cables but I have found that it helps on Tri bikes you just have to clean/lube more often. Good Luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, for 1,5 years I have finally found the problem after I asked you in here:). The problem is I don't use plastic noodle between cable and the brake connection point. when it isnt used in there, dirt prevent the brake works properly.

I will try your advices too. Thanks for reply.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't remember how mine was setup but I do remember the cable drag. A Pic would've revealed your noodle/lack of issue. Glad you found a fix. Stay safe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mike1 wrote:
I don't remember how mine was setup but I do remember the cable drag. A Pic would've revealed your noodle/lack of issue. Glad you found a fix. Stay safe.

You can see the noodle in photo. It solved my problem.
Last edited by: ndhakara: Dec 19, 20 8:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could also trim a little bit of the cable sleeve that exits the guide/noodle. The sleeve end appears to be distorted from contacting the lever arm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know the mounting bolt size on the T851, I have T922 as my rear on A Felt B14, and always sticks. The frame bolt it too large to use Shimano direct mount.
Quote Reply