Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TRI Bike Fitters in NJ
Quote | Reply
Hi Everybody. Looking for a TRI specific fitter in NJ. There is nothing listed for NJ in the find fitters section. There is actually (0) stores listed for LBS shops in NJ in this site either.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Bike Fitters in NJ [Aweil00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
North Jersey or South Jersey?

There is no Central

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Bike Fitters in NJ [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
North Jersey or South Jersey? .....North (Morris)

There is no Central
....Brilliant, love it. THERE IS NO CENTRAL!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate the people that pop in to the classifieds and reply to someone looking to buy a 56cm, disc brake bike with, “I have 61cm rim brake if you’re interested”. At the risking of being that guy though, if you are willing to trek across the bridge, Jonathan Blyer and Colin Tanner at Acme Bicycle Co in Brooklyn are as good as it gets. Seemingly every certification out there, decades of experience between them, and well versed in everything from pro triathletes to beginner gravel grinders.
Last edited by: TriBy3: Oct 14, 20 11:56
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Bike Fitters in NJ [TriBy3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am i posting in the wrong forum or is that a joke? Sorry, new to slowtwitch.

I drive a lot for work. Brooklyn is not far away. The company i work for is in Deer Park and i live in Morris County, NJ. I’m willing to drive 👍
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're in the right spot! I was pointing out that I was about to be that jerk that takes an easy request like, "do you have a fitter in New Jersey?", and offer up a solution in an entirely different state.

Jonathan and Colin have done a number of fittings for me over the years and are both good friends (though that doesn't bias my opinion of their abilities!). If you have any questions about the process or want to be put in touch with them, feel free to shoot me a note- greg@triby3.com.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't find a fitter in NJ and are willing to drive a bit.

Jason is great at Bethel Cycle Works.

https://www.bethelcycleworks.com/homepage

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aweil00 wrote:
I drive a lot for work. Brooklyn is not far away. The company i work for is in Deer Park and i live in Morris County, NJ. I’m willing to drive 👍

So, North Jersey then = I'm out ... enjoy your Taylor Ham

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Bike Fitters in NJ [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long live Taylor Ham!

Pork roll is for hacks.

As to the OP. This place has a good rep and while I have not been there personally planning on setting up an appt there soon.

https://fitwerx.com/
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Bike Fitters in NJ [DTC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spoke to Joe earlier at Fit Werx. He was great to talk to. Spaces are limited for fittings there but has some available. Local TRI Facebook group suggested there. I posted the question there too but many of them were suggesting the same place I currently go to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
since you're close to brooklyn, here's our overview of ACME bike fit, which has been recommended already in this thread.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Bike Fitters in NJ [TriBy3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBy3 wrote:
I hate the people that pop in to the classifieds and reply to someone looking to buy a 56cm, disc brake bike with, “I have 61cm rim brake if you’re interested”. At the risking of being that guy though, if you are willing to trek across the bridge, Jonathan Blyer and Colin Tanner at Acme Bicycle Co in Brooklyn are as good as it gets. Seemingly every certification out there, decades of experience between them, and well versed in everything from pro triathletes to beginner gravel grinders.
The crew at Acme is among the very best in the world.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aweil00,

Good on you for prioritizing fit.

There was already a note two about Jonathan Blyer at ACME in Brooklyn but, since you're new here (welcome) - when Slowman (the father of Slowtwitch, the inventor of the triathlon bicycle, and a god in the fit world) and Trent Nix (an amazing bike fitter) both suggest ACME in Brooklyn - well, you stop right there. Your search is over.

Enjoy the experience, tell Jonathan we all said hello.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply