Tri bags (1)

Looking for advice on a new tri backpack. I googled best tri backpacks and there are tons of them. any stand out above the rest?

I like the Ogio bag. Much better than the Blue Seventy bag I had before.

I have the OGIO too…Its a great bag, no complaints.

I use the TYR Transition Bag. Fantastic Bag with enough storage, and three dividers inside the bag so to keep each discipline products seperate.

Another TYR bag. Like mine.

I looked at it, seems like it might be a pain to open it up to get to your stuff?

I just use a mid size backpack. The over whelming majority of people in a triathlon bring too much crap with them to transition.

(Yeah you know I’m talking to you, you being a lot of you reading this thread.

I looked at it, seems like it might be a pain to open it up to get to your stuff?

My fiance got me a TYR one for my birthday and that was the problem I couldn’t get past. It has a lot of those plastic clip closures to open before you can get into the main compartment, and it seems like it has to be lying on the ground, fully open for you to get anything out.

If you decide that’s the one you want, we still have it with the tags on if you want to buy it. :slight_smile:

I use the large Speedo backpack.

I like that it has penty of pockets and a space in the bottom for wet clothes/smelly shoes.

I just use a mid size backpack. The over whelming majority of people in a triathlon bring too much crap with them to transition.

(Yeah you know I’m talking to you, you being a lot of you reading this thread.

yup. when I raced, it was a small backpack (most races I did weren’t wetsuit swims) or a small / medium duffel. it’s just a bag. I don’t get why a tri-specific bag is important. Even if the swim was wetsuit legal, a small bag would have been enough.

I got a GIST bag at the Wildflower expo a few years ago. Totally got sold by the demo.
http://lavamagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/2011/09/gyst-thumb.jpg

Great for making sure I bring everything to the race, but it’s way too big for Transition. I still pack in it but usually put my stuff in a cheapie backpack race morning. Shoes are clipped to the bike. Basically just need space for wetsuit and running shoes.

Ogio 9.0

It can be a bit of pain. However I use to transport all my stuff when I travel to a Triathlon like a 70.3, and for that it is amazing! Got place for everything. For any local event I just use a small rucksacks that has the basics in it.

Haven’t used it yet as I just received it for my birthday a few weeks ago but have the TYR Convoy Transition (regular transition is not the same).

I have a backpack obsession (laptop bag is a backpack and I own no normal luggage… that kind of an obsession), so this is great for me and if you look at all the features while not cheap is an excellent value. I don’t carry more then the bare minimum into transition but with my adhd I’ve been known to forget stuff. Going to label each compartment and pocket to make sure I quadruple check each one before I head out, so maybe overkill for many but it will work great for me.

Get one that says “LV” all over it. Yes, that you’ve been to the Las Vegas Championships! It’ll match your P5 Six and Zipp Firecrest wheels :wink:

Currently, I use a Zoot Transition bag. Its got lots of compartments and space for everything. On the larger side, but has a separate helmet and wetsuit compartment. Fits even a Giro Advantage 2 aero helmet and provides decent protection. Has space for bike and running shoes, goggles, tools, towel, nutrition, and water bottles. Like I said, it is on the bigger side, but really helps with organizing everything. Pretty durable as well and distributes weight evenly with chest strap and waist strap. If needed I can ride it to transition in the morning since its on pretty securely. Spendy, about $130.

Ogio 9.0

^ this

I have the Rocket Science Sports Rocket Bag in white. I’ve had it for 4 years now. It’s pricey, but I went with it because of the color inside mostly. I think making the inside of a transition bag black is the most asinine thing. Can’t find anything at the bottom of a black bag at 5:45am. I don’t care if the white/grey gets dirty.

One thing to note - the company is pretty slow in all communication. I thought they would have folded by now, but they are still around. If you can find the bag on sale, it’s a great bag and has held up to 4 years of abuse in Hawaii - lots of salt, heat, and sun exposure.

Denise

I looked at it online, it is large with wheels…like a carry on luggage. it even has wheels…probably cant put it on your back and ride it to transistion.

With the 9.0 can you fit a aero helmet in it and would it work as a carry on bag?

TYR transition bag.