Comes with plenty of videos and pictures:

http://pinarello.com/en/bikes-2019/triathlon/bolide-tr

It comes as Bolide TR and Bolide TR+

https://vimeo.com/292667126
Quote Reply
Re: THE NEW PINARELLO BOLIDE TR+ [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're putting BryanD out of a job...

Design process sounds good but in standard Pina style they give no useful fit data for the bars and no actual aero data.
And they really need to move on from Italian thread BBs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks are a matter of personal opinion, but I think that's the best looking of the disc brake tri bikes I've seen to date. Would look nicer still if they'd used shorter valve extenders on the shallow wheels! Also seems to have plenty of onboard storage between the top tube and bottom of the triangle. Interesting decision to have it hovering off the ground, maybe they thought that would make it look faster...

I'll let others chime in on how aero and well engineered or otherwise it looks, but assuming it's not a complete dog then if it fit me and I was in the market I think I'd be very happy atop this bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really sick looking bike! Here's the white paper http://pinarello.com/...ide-tr-2019/download
Has anyone seen pricing for both models?

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea on pricing? Love the tiered pricing structure similar to felt, a hopefully affordable TR would be awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It just doesn’t excite me. I think the Felt IA looks better. And the Shiv.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love Pinarello Bolides. Really clean lines. I hope since the intent is to actually sell some of these (unlike the TT bike), maybe the price will be more reasonable!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of a Ceepo. That's not a good thing.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Last edited by: mknight84: Oct 10, 18 5:12
Quote Reply
Re: THE NEW PINARELLO BOLIDE TR+ [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To me everything is in place with this bike. Only the handlebar could be better integrated. But in some sense I can also agree with people who say that this bike might be boring since it is very conservative in the design and it doesn´t come with any big suprises.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boring and doubtful a star in the tunnel. It looks like a rebadged Fuji to me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great looking bike, but where's the place for hydration?
Quote Reply
Re: THE NEW PINARELLO BOLIDE TR+ [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:

And they really need to move on from Italian thread BBs.

Woah, easy on the crazy talk. The threaded BB they used was my favorite thing about my F8. It was silent and bullet proof.

Also, I bet this thing is north of $15k for the top spec.
Last edited by: elf6c: Oct 10, 18 5:49
Quote Reply
Re: THE NEW PINARELLO BOLIDE TR+ [papaya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
papaya wrote:
Great looking bike, but where's the place for hydration?

That's a good question.

I had initially wondered if the in frame triangle storage was linked to a water bladder/internal but the white paper says it's for tool storage.

Maybe they are assuming time trialers will use BTA and BTS bottles only.

Aside from that, I think it's a good looking bike
Quote Reply
Re: THE NEW PINARELLO BOLIDE TR+ [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the same thing although I was thinking venom (http://www.ceepo.com/portfolio/2019-venom/) rather than Viper.

What is more surprising is the Hadron wheels and SRAM component. I expected all Campy parts with the ridiculous price tags to match. I wonder if Pinarello is trying to produce a Tri bike people will actually but or if its still a $20+k bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you guys see where the blip box is mounted?

*facepalm*

as beautiful as i think this bike is, i cant believe they didnt come up with a good solution for control boxes.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: THE NEW PINARELLO BOLIDE TR+ [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
you guys see where the blip box is mounted?

*facepalm*

as beautiful as i think this bike is, i cant believe they didnt come up with a good solution for control boxes.

I agree. But to me this is more coming from SRAM´s side. I mean they claim that you don´t have anymore cables running around since it is wireless but then they want you to mount an entire server rack on your 10k frame?!?!
TMO a bike manufacturer shouldn´t be forced to come up with new frame design simply because it SRAM came up with a stupid version of the DI2 6 years earlier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlon Canada Magazine published a review of it. They say the TR+ -frameset- (not complete bike) will sell for $15800 Canadian (plus tax of course). So about 12k US...
Ridiculous.

https://triathlonmagazine.ca/...eases-the-bolide-tr/

"The suggested MSRP for a frame set, which includes the integrated bar and stem, is a cool $15,800."...
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Oct 10, 18 7:40
Quote Reply
Re: THE NEW PINARELLO BOLIDE TR+ [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strange place for the blip boxes. Cam is running Shimano though so no issues.
Quote Reply
Re: THE NEW PINARELLO BOLIDE TR+ [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Triathlon Canada Magazine published a review of it. They say the TR+ -frameset- (not complete bike) will sell for $15800 Canadian (plus tax of course). So about 12k US...
Ridiculous.

https://triathlonmagazine.ca/...eases-the-bolide-tr/

"The suggested MSRP for a frame set, which includes the integrated bar and stem, is a cool $15,800."...

Damn. It never felt like they meant to sell the TT with that price. I was hoping this would be much lower to actually sell some.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Overall I like the lines, but the paint job is awful...I bet it comes with the Pinarello price tag too...

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: THE NEW PINARELLO BOLIDE TR+ [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elf6c wrote:
Woah, easy on the crazy talk. The threaded BB they used was my favorite thing about my F8. It was silent and bullet proof.

Threaded is fine. Italian thread is where the problem arises - having your driveside cups wind out in a race because the BB design doesn't take account of the impact of rotating bearings is quite annoying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a Fuji Norcom Straight with the addition of luggage and disk brakes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Threaded is fine. Italian thread is where the problem arises - having your driveside cups wind out in a race because the BB design doesn't take account of the impact of rotating bearings is quite annoying.

I had that happen to me once in a road race near Madison, WI (which included Heiden). Despite my periodic back-pedaling, the crank finally locked up just before the crest of the hill at the S/F line. I managed to borrow a bike with a saddle that was far too low and toe-clips that were far too short to let me engage my cleats and chase for a full lap, but I never did make it back on. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
elf6c wrote:

This.
Quote Reply

Prev Next