Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TEMPLE CYCLES SEEKS ATHLETES TO SPONSOR
Quote | Reply
Temple Cycles is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for ten sponsorship openings for the 2004-5 seasons. Athletes of all levels in road and track cycling, cyclocross, duathlon and triathlon are encouraged to apply. (Note: we do not offer any bmx or mtb products).

Temple sponsorship seeks to reward athletes who get involved in their athletic community and make their sport a better place for others. Sponsorship includes "team-issue" pricing on all custom bikes, custom titanium framesets, parts and accessories.

Five men and five women will be selected from the applicants who submit their information by Jan. 31, 2004. Those selections will be announced on Feb. 15, 2004.

For more information visit www.templecycles.com.

Sincerely,
Lance Johnson

--
Lance Johnson, CEO
Temple Cycles
www.templecycles.com
Quote Reply
Important stuff [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the second or third time I've seen this posted, so I've got a couple questions.

1. Do you reply to posts?
2. What do you mean by "Team Issue" pricing? (i.e. I pay $50 for shipping, or I pay $1000 for the tubes, or I pay $5000 and you paint the thing for free?_
3. What colors, patterns, and cosmetic styles do your bikes come in?
4. Do I have to sign-up or can you just send me a free bike right now for being so smooth, suave, and sexy?

-It's not how fast you are, It's how fast you look
Quote Reply
Re: Important stuff [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best most of us can hope for is a prodeal, which generally works out to about 60% of retail. Only the top guys get free stuff.

If you are placing top 10 in your age group, try your LBS, if you have a good rapport with them. They may be able to get you something you like for close to this price.
Quote Reply
Re: TEMPLE CYCLES SEEKS ATHLETES TO SPONSOR [theroadisholy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The going rate for 30 seconds of Super Bowl advertising is over $2 million. For a mere FRACTION of that amount, you can get your company name all over me and my bike, in front of a smattering of fans, for an insanely long amount of time. We're talking an hour-and-a-half for a sprint-distance race and over two-and-a-half hours for an olympic-distance race. And, I'm a large guy (at the moment), so the logo can be XL. If you consider the bang-for-the-buck (minutes of advertising, size of logo, willingness to label any and all apparel), you can't go wrong.

Ooooh...an idea. I haven't done a triathlon yet (first is in May, 2nd in June or July). If you buy me one of those spots for Kona they sell on eBay, you'll get a worldwide audience and darn near 17 hours of "selling time". We can do commercials like that Degree deodorant guy. But instead of Paula, maybe Jodie Swallow can be my "coach".

Think outside the box, Lance! Give us BOPers a consideration! If you think people won't be asking me about who-the-heck-would-sponsor-you, allowing me to launch into the virtues of your bikes (which of course I will have to confirm before endorsing, but they look great), you're missing a perfect opportunity. I guarantee I won't go racing by the spectators so fast they can't make out the name on the bike, as I assume your previously-sponsored Susie Gallucci routinely did.

Nice website, by the way.
Last edited by: TriAlbany: Jan 20, 04 19:41
Quote Reply