Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TCR Composite
Quote | Reply
Saw one the other day at my LBS, they look very sweet. Anyone have one, I'd like to hear a review of what you think. How does it compare to the Trek OCLV's? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: TCR Composite [Luntzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although I am not Giant dealer I have looked at the bikes. The workmanship is very impressive. At one point in time (and maybe to this day) Giant was the larger manufacturer of carbon fiber frames in the world. I would say that the performance/workmanship of the bikes themselves is likely to be somewhat above par to well above par. One significant limiting factor may be a lack of comprehensive size run. The size run may be limited to only three sizes. That limits the number of customers who can enjoy the bikes.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: TCR Composite [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they do actually have 4 sizes (they added the XL size for 2003). i've ridden the bike, and was very surprised with the stiffness in the bottom bracket/drivetrain area (bear in mind i'm only 140# though). i did find it odd that it felt like it 'whipped' laterally through the seattube though. it felt weird, but still stiff and fast. didn't really give it too much time, but that's what i picked up. as per the trek oclv, that bike is a bit heavier, and is a more solid feel, but seems less stiff through the drivetrain (as a note, i wouldn't hold this against trek, but give giant credit for making the bb as stiff as it is).

later,

mckenzie
Quote Reply