Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

T+1?
Quote | Reply
My teenager races (none lately) as a junior. And has now moved training indoors with her team/coach on Zwift.

Which means I now have to swap my bike for her bike for my bike for her bike. Part my fault as I don't trust her (she does change her own flats).

I can't believe I'm considering dropping another $1000. Maybe get a used one. It's not like it's that hard. I just, if hear one more "Daaaaaad....."
Quote Reply
Re: T+1? [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some great sales on the H3 these days (<$700).

If she's riding Zwift with any frequency it's worth it to have a dedicated setup. Yes, you can keep swapping bikes but convenience is underrated (that's why I have a dedicated bike on my trainer....I know I'll end up skipping or shortening workouts if I have to swap my roadie on/off every time).

Another option is to go with a KICKR bike/WattBike/etc. that you can each quickly adjust to your fit coords (assuming you use the same crank lengths and pedal types).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
My teenager races (none lately) as a junior. And has now moved training indoors with her team/coach on Zwift.

Which means I now have to swap my bike for her bike for my bike for her bike. Part my fault as I don't trust her (she does change her own flats).

I can't believe I'm considering dropping another $1000. Maybe get a used one. It's not like it's that hard. I just, if hear one more "Daaaaaad....."

You can buy a lot of trust for 1k ;) Seriously, teach her how to do it....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have the space to keep both trainers setup all the time? If you do I would definitely buy a second trainer. As soon as you or her get a new bike with a different standard and have to start screwing around with thru axle adaptors and/or 10 vs 11 vs 12 speed cassettes the hassle of changing bikes increases exponentially.

However physically moving around trainers is also a complete pain so if a new trainer means having to move the things around between uses I would just keep a single unit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the same spot, my 12yo is on an older MAG trainer and rides with me. We are now looking for another smart trainer

Unfortunately there is nothing available anywhere. Any good used ones sell within a couple min.
Quote Reply
Re: T+1? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. I have QR, she a thru axle. So each swap requires changing over the adapters on my first gen Kickr (which I got used while back). And why I prefer she not mess. Her bike nicer than mine!

No rush to this. And agree, she capable. But may be my excuse to finally upgrade.
Last edited by: WannaB: Nov 26, 20 8:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are in a similar boat here, except we have 5 people who need the trainer. We went ahead and bought a second trainer and I don't regret it at all. Everyone puts their own bike on the trainer and everyone removes it when they are done, including my 12 year old daughter. Two of us use thru-axles and the other three use a quick release. If they are smart enough to ___ (fill in the blank with whatever time wasting electronics your kids are interested in) then they can put their own bike on the trainer.
Quote Reply