Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Syntace C2 Aerobars
Quote | Reply
It's official. All of my officemates are thoroughly annoyed with me as I've been giddy as a schoolgirl lately. Something about that time of year when I build up my racing bike does that to me. Maybe it's that beautiful shine, the sound of a new chain and fresh drivetrain, or the new front wheel that seems to defy gravity.

Whoa! What the?!? Anyway, I recently built up my race bike which also means I've gone through a bit of a fit assessment. I've known it for a while and by gum it's time to do something about the fact that I'm a bit too streched out. I've decided to take the Slowman approach and try moving to a smaller pair of C2 aerobars to shorten the cockpit rather than using a shorter stem. A shorter stem and my knees will take quite a beating on the armrests. I'm not too pumped about having the arm rests further up on my forearms, but this is just the sort of give and take that makes life interesting. So the question is, does anybody know the length difference between the Syntace C2 sizes? (Not their recommended forearm lengths.) I'm currently using a large and am thinking that a medium would do the trick but I don't want to guess.

Thanks much!
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace C2 Aerobars [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just measured my medium C2's for you Pooks. From the tip to the back of the elbow pad is about 34 cm (or about 13 3/8 inches for the metric impaired)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Pooks, yup. Dan is right. We cut down C-2s in here regularly too, come to think of it, we were doing before I read Dan was into it. We go through several blades or wheel cutters a month. I think most people run them too big.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace C2 Aerobars [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My larges are already cut down. My problem is that I need the overal length to be shorter so I need to go a size down. I'll hack off much of the upturned portion of those too.

Cerveloguy, thanks for the measurements. Any way you could give me the length from the back of the arm pads to the upturned bend of the bars instead of the end of the bars? That way I can compare apples to apples with my Sawed-off-urban-assault-C2s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pooks,

27.5 cm or about 10 13/16 inches
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace C2 Aerobars [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thank you very much, CG.

Cheers!
Quote Reply