Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimming in Orlando, FL
Quote | Reply

Hey guys,
I'm travelling to Orlando, FL (more precisely Metrowest area) and I'd like to keep up with my swim sessions. Any suggestions on pools/masters etc?

https://www.instagram.com/mateusfrota/
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in Orlando, FL [mfrota] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mfrota wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm travelling to Orlando, FL (more precisely Metrowest area) and I'd like to keep up with my swim sessions. Any suggestions on pools/masters etc?

Not sure where it is in relation to where you are but the YMCA Aquatic Center is very nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just moved up from South Florida live just east of Downtown in Baldwin Park area. When i was commuting up,I would swim at the downtown Y as a guest or use the LaFitness. You could always swim at the College Park pool.(i've never been there so i cant give any feedback) If you have the time, see if you can do a masters swim at the Rosen aquatic center where Phelps and a lot of other big names swam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
National training center in Clermont is a great facility.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want to practice open water swimming google Luckys lake swim

Truly amazing
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in Orlando, FL [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:
If you want to practice open water swimming google Luckys lake swim

Truly amazing
Ditto!

Lucky is a great dude!

Thanks Lucky!
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in Orlando, FL [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JMike wrote:
mfrota wrote:

Hey guys,

Not sure where it is in relation to where you are but the YMCA Aquatic Center is very nice.

Was in Orlando in July being a good tourist and that's where I went as well. Did a couple of swims at the Y's Aquatic Center. Really a nice setup (a little pricey for a drop in, but can't recall how much it was, just that I was a little surprised). If it's relatively close to where your staying, I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Attached is a pix
Last edited by: sharkd: Oct 2, 18 13:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mfrota wrote:

Hey guys,

If you are in Metrowest:

1. You are kind of in the hood. Not quite but you're close. Be cognizant of your surroundings. It goes from nice to not nice real quick if you head north or if you're in the wrong area on Kirkman

2. You are about ten minutes away from Lucky's Lake. I'd check that out. Otherwise you next closest pool will be the LA Fitness at Kirkman and Conroy (25yd). There's also a YMCA in Dr. Phillips at the corner of Dr. Phillips and Wallace (25yd pool). Two lights past Lucky's and then make a right. Best case scenario you're 15 minutes away from the YMCA Aquatic Center (and that's 45 minutes+ with traffic). Best case scenario you are about 20 minutes from the NTC (double that with traffic).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot for all your guys help

Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in Orlando, FL [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all of you for helping. I've been to NTC several times but now I won't have much time to go all the way there. This time I will definitely have a go at Lucky Lake and try some of these places you suggested. Cheers

Quote Reply