Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimming in Encinitas area
Quote | Reply
In town for 70.3 Oceanside. Anyone have any tips for open water swimming locations anywhere in the Encinitas, Carlsbad, or San Diego area? I know there is ocean everywhere, but thinking of ease of access and safety for a solo swimmer, or pair of swimmers. Or open water swim groups in the area? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in Encinitas area [tightcalves] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carlsbad open water group swims in Oceanside Saturdays from the pier(also I think in Carlsbad on Thursdays).There used to be a group that swam from Moonlight beach a few days as well(Encinitas).
We take our summer vacay down there so I just did a google search and found them.Great masters swim group at the Y in Encinitas as well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tightcalves wrote:
In town for 70.3 Oceanside. Anyone have any tips for open water swimming locations anywhere in the Encinitas, Carlsbad, or San Diego area? I know there is ocean everywhere, but thinking of ease of access and safety for a solo swimmer, or pair of swimmers. Or open water swim groups in the area? Thanks in advance.

You can swim in the Carlsbad lagoon, but try and do so at high tide, low tide it gets a bit mucky.

Lots of people OW swimming by the harbor today... I don't know if they were getting ready for the race, or just more than usual. If you're looking for people to swim with, but if you spent the day at the beach there you would find someone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fletcher Cove in Solana Beach is a popular OWS spot.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in Encinitas area [Mrnchk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Will look into those.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in Encinitas area [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Where do you access the lagoon?
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in Encinitas area [alligatorCAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Will check it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't swim in the lagoon. That's gross.

Fletcher Cove in Solana Beach or Moonlight Beach in Encinitas are the places to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a little bit of a longer drive, but if you have the time and want a good open water swim Friday Morning, there are big groups that swim at La Jolla Cove at 6:30ish am.

The cove is worth the trip.

Other wise Fletcher Cove or the Lagoon are good spots as mentioned above.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply