Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimming Worlds
Quote | Reply
Anyone has an interest? Biederman breaking Thorpe's record by .01, then defeated Phelps soundly but going 3secs faster than ever before, and on and on...
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming Worlds [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I for one enjoy the Norwegian results so far, Dale Oen without the new suit is doing ok. Lots of national records.

Biederman, 3 sec improvement??? - Couldn't care less.

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We (wife, three kids who swim, me) are interested. I think it boils down to the fact that we like to watch athletes race - whether its the Tour, a triathlon, track, etc. The constant breaking of world records seems silly at this point but it is still fun to watch.

David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
World record for Phelps today!! just him and the water and no polyurethane in between !

Class act!

Swimming still exists....ouchhhhh...
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming Worlds [solarberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The LZR has polyurethane panels
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Anyone has an interest? Biederman breaking Thorpe's record by .01, then defeated Phelps soundly but going 3secs faster than ever before, and on and on...
Until they start the meets after going back to textile suits, it's an academic interest for me only.

The shame is that a lot of these records with the suits will still stand.

A 3 second improvement? F'k, that's an impressive improvement for a HIGH SCHOOLER, let alone someone at the top elite levels of the sport. The suits suck.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Mary Descenza quite a bit. She seems like a genuinely sweet person who has stuck with the sport for years even though it seems to kick her in the face at every major long course meet she enters.

Having said that, without the suit, she'd be looking at her usual 4th-7th place finish in the 200 fly, not going into the finals as the new world record holder.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming Worlds [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that the suits have become a problem, but it also bugs me that Phelps was unapologetic when he had the top of the line suit and was breaking records with it, but is now threatening to sit out meets in the future because he no longer has the fastest suit. There are some sour grapes here.

And don't get me wrong, I do think Phelps wins without the fancy suits, but he sure didn't mind the technology when it benefitted him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Huh, I thought I was the only one interested. I've been following it over on the other thread:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

I can't wait for these suits to be gone...
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming Worlds [ndenezzo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see Pellegrini went 1.52 in W 200 free...damn, thats quick!
Quote Reply