Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimming Pools near Woodstock, NY
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I will be there for the holidays. Would like to get some swim training in. I dont really know the area. Any local pools and/or master programs with drop in options?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming Pools near Woodstock, NY [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Call the Y in Kingston. Or see if SUNY New Paltz has a gym situation (bit of a drive!). Message me if you fee like it and I will look with more detail- we have a place up there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really nice pool in margaretteville . About 30 minute drive. Catskills rec center
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming Pools near Woodstock, NY [Jon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! Catskill Rec center totally forgot about that.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming Pools near Woodstock, NY [YoMoGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a very nice facility... here's their website, complete w holiday hours.
http://catskillrecreationcenter.org/pool-schedule/
looks like they have at least 3-4 lap lanes available during classes.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming Pools near Woodstock, NY [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swim at the Catskill Rec all the time. It's a very nice 25 yd pool. I've been going there for over three years. When it's getting full, my wife and I will share a lane but other than that I've only shared a lane twice.

The Rec Center was a gift to the community from the great, great, great grand-nephew of Jay Gould, the railroad baron at the turn of the 19th century. Jay Gould was from the area and his nephew still lives here. He had this great Rec Center built with a pool, gym, workout rooms and outdoor sports. It has solar electric and geothermal heat. It's the best thing that has happened in our area since they built the ski slopes!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply