Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Swim straight for $250!
Quote | Reply
Would these be legal? I would think you would have to be terrible at sighting to make these worthwhile. And since some course deviation is due to swimming around other people not sure about their improvement claims.

https://www.oncoursegoggles.com/

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Swim straight for $250! [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will they make a carbon version?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the stats on the performance gains they claim.
I never realised I should wear my aero helmet when swimming to get another 8% improvement. Not sure the aero wheel's bearings will appreciate the water ingress though if I take them along in the water too for the extra 4% on top.🙄
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Would these be legal? I would think you would have to be terrible at sighting to make these worthwhile. And since some course deviation is due to swimming around other people not sure about their improvement claims.

Yeah, if a 15% gain in performance will save 5.7 minutes, the problem is not inferior goggles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess they only work when doing the butterfly? Appears you have to keep your nose centered on the target...
Quote Reply
Re: Swim straight for $250! [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

As is, they require you to reset the target for every buoy..

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they look like blue horse blinders.

don't think a pair of goggles is gonna get me to a sub-15 swim split...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Swim straight for $250! [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Yeah, if a 15% gain in performance will save 5.7 minutes, the problem is not inferior goggles.

Yikes does that mean the person was doing 38 mins for 1500?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe I can buy them for the people who dont spot and end up swimming perpendicular to my swim line ahead of me.
Last edited by: mickison: Feb 19, 20 12:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting in that it’s nice to see some technology innovation for the swim. I’m hoping swim tech takes off in the upcoming years with some new stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim straight for $250! [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vonschnapps wrote:
Interesting in that it’s nice to see some technology innovation for the swim. I’m hoping swim tech takes off in the upcoming years with some new stuff.

Why??

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Swim straight for $250! [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
vonschnapps wrote:

Why??

So we can stop talking about the Alphyfly
Quote Reply
Re: Swim straight for $250! [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your math is likely more correct than theirs.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim straight for $250! [matate99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matate99 wrote:
So we can stop talking about the Alphyfly

Neverrrrrr

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would like to see improvements in a goggle HUD showing speed, HR, stroke rate, etc., how about something on the wrist to indicate power output during the pull. A camera on the back of the swim cap with goggle display so you wouldn’t have to lift to sight and could see other swimmers to latch behind.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim straight for $250! [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
schroeder wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Yikes does that mean the person was doing 38 mins for 1500?

Hah yes - the 25 min swimmer def won't need these!
Quote Reply
Re: Swim straight for $250! [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, if you believe their ad, and the 25’ swimmer isn’t swimming straight, they will still save 3:45 by using this product, which is likely more than any single bike product could offer you over a similar period of time.....again IF you don’t swim straight and if you believe the ad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
vonschnapps wrote:

Why??

There in lies the beauty of swimming. Shit Mark Spitz was the best swimmer in the world and didn’t even bother with goggles.
Last edited by: turningscrews: Feb 19, 20 15:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These look like the aquatic version of corrective shoes. Clunky.

$199 reward* for photos of someone who wears these at a legit race for the full distance. Because this being triathlon, you absolutely KNOW that someone is going to buy these.

* if you’re the one in the pics just to try to get the reward, you’re still netting $-50 to look like a DORK. But, then again, in this ridiculous world of tri, people unironically look like the dog’s breakfast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite claim is that it reduces anxiety by 99 percent!

Because you know open water anxiety is 99 percent "I hope I can swim straight to the buoy" and only 1 percent "I might die out here from a heart attack/drowning."
Quote Reply
Re: Swim straight for $250! [jeremyscarroll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USAT approved!
Quote Reply
Re: Swim straight for $250! [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not throw this into the mix, with all the technology that the connected triathlete can use? Good for the pool, only.

https://www.myrthapools.com/...ion/virtual-trainer/

What are the chances there’s a triathlete out there who will buy one and bring it to the pool for a training session?

Of course, anyone could save a ton of money by counting strokes per length in the traditional way: counting strokes. Getting pace by looking at and using the pace clock already mounted in the pool. Remembering how many yards/meters done in a workout instead of tracking with a watch. Getting instant HR by counting carotid pulse for 6 seconds and multiplying by 10, either at the wall between repeats or turning over and kicking on the back while looking at the clock. Swimming straight by looking at the black line. Using RPE as a gauge of effort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have never tried the oncoursegoggles but their website is so well made that it makes me wanna buy some.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim straight for $250! [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This seems much simpler : )

https://www.formswim.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
vonschnapps wrote:

Why??

I know it is hard for you lifelong swimmers to comprehend, but a lot of triathletes out there really struggle with open water swimming. Tools like this can help them get ‘over the hump’ and feel more comfortable training and racing in the open water while they continue to work on their swimming skills.

If someone wants to spend money on this, so be it. They worked to earn that money and can spend it how they like. But every time their is a post on goggles that cost more than $10 it starts a circle jerk from the fish about how everyone should just use Swedes

Matt
Quote Reply

Prev Next