Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim news - Brent Hayden coming out of retirement
Quote | Reply
Going for the 2020 Olympic team. Dude was a beast, I wouldn't bet against him doing something...

https://www.natation.ca/...-2020-olympic-games/

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Swim news - Brent Hayden coming out of retirement [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's doing what Dara Torres did a few years back... but he's a little younger ;)

Dara Torres at age 41, the oldest swimmer to earn a place on the U.S. Olympic team. At the 2008 Summer Olympics, she competed in the 50-meter freestyle, 4Ă—100-meter medley relay, and 4Ă—100-meter freestyle relay, and won silver medals in all three events.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim news - Brent Hayden coming out of retirement [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well from the article, seems like a no brainer with the current crop of Canadian sprinters. If the best guy in the worlds is just getting top 20, and if you only did a fraction over your best times, he would be the best guy by far. Perhaps there are more in the pipeline, or others that are not being accounted for?

And 36 is not that old for a sprinter, Ervin did pretty well up to around 40, maybe still going?
Quote Reply
Re: Swim news - Brent Hayden coming out of retirement [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s an exciting time to be swimming right now too. Men’s sprints are stacked like never before. The ISL pro circuit... lots of excitement

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He will be 37 and out of competition for years.......I bet he doesn't make the team.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim news - Brent Hayden coming out of retirement [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NealH wrote:
He will be 37 and out of competition for years.......I bet he doesn't make the team.

We’re pretty weak on the men’s side in general, and especially in sprint free. I think he has an excellent chance if he can get remotely close to his previous form and is motivated.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was actually rooting for Hayden back in 2012. I must have watched that 100 final a million times (don't care about the other events anyways), and I think by Hayden taking it out so well on the 1st 50 on Adrian's right (breathing side), it allowed Adrian to perfectly pace that 1st 50 and win the gold (Adrian also said something gracious at the time about Hayden to that effect). Same thing happened w/Santo and Timmers in 2016 where Santo was the perfect leadout for Timmers on the way to silver.

I'd like to see Hayden make a great showing in Tokyo also, but I'm also a fan of Chalmers. Either of the 2 for gold would be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim news - Brent Hayden coming out of retirement [MikenUltra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he could have a good showing at the Olympics, but I don't see any way that Hayden wins Olympic gold, or Adrian for that matter. Not with Dressel, Chalmers, Morozov and the other Russian kid (Grinev??), in the mix, plus whomever comes up over the next year.

I'd love to see that happen though. I love seeing the old guys do well..

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply