Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim coaching. Is 1 session per month worth it?
Quote | Reply
My swimming has gotten worse over the last few years, thinking about getting a coach. Due to finances and where I live, I’d only be able to see the coach 1 time a month. Do you guys think that this would still be beneficial to me?
Quote Reply
Re: Swim coaching. Is 1 session per month worth it? [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One is better than none.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Afg53 wrote:
My swimming has gotten worse over the last few years, thinking about getting a coach. Due to finances and where I live, I’d only be able to see the coach 1 time a month. Do you guys think that this would still be beneficial to me?

Assuming the coach is decent and can assign appropriate “homework”, absolutely.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had very good success with that frequency. I thought it worked out just about right. It gave me enough sessions on my own, to repeat and ingrain whatever technique change he gives me, before going back for the next "change". There have been a few periods where I've gone longer than that, and I didn't think that worked as well. Conversely, when I've done them more frequently...I didn't always feel ready for the next "lesson"....ie, I was still "working on" the technique from the previous lesson.

So for me, 4 weeks seems to be a good balance between expense and return.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It may be if you practice. Will the coach provide an outline for future workouts? Answer a couple of questions you have over the course of the month? Maybe they will make a video recording of you swimming at the lesson and critique it so you know what to practice. Perfect practice makes for a better swimmer.
Last edited by: debs1650: Jan 23, 20 19:31
Quote Reply
Re: Swim coaching. Is 1 session per month worth it? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Afg53 wrote:

Assuming the coach is decent and can assign appropriate “homework”, absolutely.

And I guess, its "how often is the homework done". I'm in the same boat. I see the club coach some months 2-3X some months zero, but I generally have some homework that I walk away with that then happens continuously.
Quote Reply