Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim camp (or coach) for a 60+ life-long slowtwitcher
Quote | Reply
I've been blessed to have had a body that has allowed me to enjoy Ironman for many years. I'm still very active and plan to do an Ironman or two before I can't go anymore.

For those reading this post still in a young body, savor every moment! Time passes quickly.

I need help.

I want to become a better swimmer so that I can remain active in the years ahead. I can freestyle all day long, but I want to expand my swim skills to other strokes (and also learn to finally do a flip turn. LOL.)

Are there any swim camps (I'm thinking one week or so) that are out there that I might attend?

Thanks!

Tadpole
Quote Reply
Re: Swim camp (or coach) for a 60+ life-long slowtwitcher [tiptopshop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you located? Might help with recommendations..
Quote Reply
Re: Swim camp (or coach) for a 60+ life-long slowtwitcher [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point.

Wisconsin. But we (my wife and I) are alway looking for a good excuse to a warm weather destination! LOL.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim camp (or coach) for a 60+ life-long slowtwitcher [tiptopshop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every few weeks I get a notice from these guys about their swim camps, but probably not exactly what you asked for. These seem to be mostly open water, and at your own speed and tolerance for distance. But man, they do look really fun, and it looks like the ages are mid 40's to 70's or so. You can watch their videos of past camps to get a tiny bit of the flavor. I like the Mexico one, really a vacation with some swimming. The Catalina one is interesting just because I live right there across the water, so no real travel costs.

I'm not affiliated with these guys or been to any of their camps, but keep them in mind just in case...

https://swimcamp.us/information/
Quote Reply
Re: Swim camp (or coach) for a 60+ life-long slowtwitcher [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monty,

You are spot on. That camp looks awesome.

I'm confined to a 25 yard pool and need simply to expand my skill set to incorporate muscle groups beyond freestyle.

Swimming is great for us older folk; it is low impact and incorporates most of the muscle groups.

Tiptopshop
Quote Reply