Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Those are like the Rolls Royces of goggles. Rappstar makes them sound so cool, I almost see myself shelling out $50 for goggles.... wait, nope, not *quite* yet. : )

I like the idea of cutting old bike tubes into goggle straps!!
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [drackliffe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sable. They really are that much better.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Surprised no one mentioned this yet, but since every face is a bit different, no telling which goggle will seal best for you until you do the dryland seal test. Just pop one lens on with minimal pressure, and see how long it sticks to your face.

If it drops right off, don't buy, if it stays on for a couple of seconds, it'll probably slowly leak in the pool, if it stays on for 5 seconds or more, its pretty much not going to leak while you swim - assuming the nose piece can fit comfortably over your nose. You don't necessarily need the swedes, and don't assume they'll work for you, I find them unbearably uncomfortable after about 10 minutes. The second day, even worse, plus its a pain to fit new rubber nose piece through those tiny holes.

------------------------------------------------------------
some days you're the windshield some days the bug
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aquasphere Kaimans
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [unclerock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that each face is different, and some goggles with work for some and not for others, no doubt about it. Swedes were very painful to adapt to - but it only takes a few days (maybe a week... well, swimming 2 hours a day) to get used to them - to build up some eye socket callouses I guess. : ) Yes, the nose pieces on swedes are tedious to install. That is why most people don't use them, but instead use a small strip of the head strap.

Edit - also, always buff the edges of swedes when new. I just use the pool deck to do this.

I don't agree with your dry socket test. Swedes wouldn't stay on my (or any because of their lack of a gasket) face for a second, but they don't leak at all for me when adjusted right. I think people put way to much stock in goggle suction.
Last edited by: RhymeAndReason: Jun 19, 08 13:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I come from a swimming background, and have only worn Swedes for the past 16 years.

I've just recently started swimming in a pair of the Sable goggles, and they are amazing. It took me a couple of swims to get used to the different feeling on my face (I had, after all, only worn swedes) but after a swim or two, I love them. No leaking at all, no fogging, and the vision is outstanding. No problems sighting during open water swims.

I'll be wearing them the rest of the season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
best goggles ever used:

speedo speed socket, michael phelps uses it too.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/...et%20mirror%2006.jpg

and of course sweeds. btw for sweeds absolutely DO NOT USE THE STRAP AS THE NOSE PIECE. use the nose piece they give you.

sweeds are the best bang for your buck, and if you want to be a hardass, go metallic.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [dug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dug,

thanks for the advise about not pushing on the goggles. I swam tonight and just set the same goggles I tried that leaked last time and they didn't leak a drop. Thanks again

Dana
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [nproximos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
best goggles ever used:

speedo speed socket, michael phelps uses it too.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/...et%20mirror%2006.jpg

and of course sweeds. btw for sweeds absolutely DO NOT USE THE STRAP AS THE NOSE PIECE. use the nose piece they give you.

sweeds are the best bang for your buck, and if you want to be a hardass, go metallic.
Let me second those Speedos. They are the first goggles I've ever used in my life that I had not a single moment's trouble with. The moment I put them on, the seal is perfect, every time. And I've tried many, many types.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [glenndoring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had identical problem with the Aquasphere, started great, but then started to leak like hell on the right side. Binned them today. Looking for something better now. Sore eyes after this morning's leaky swim
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [seanathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone post the link to Rappstar's goggle review? I must be blind, but I don't see it and can't find it with the search function....