Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim-Bike-Run
Quote | Reply
That's what I come to this forum for. I greatly enjoy reading about the many technical aspects of cycling and equipment. Bouncing ideas off more skilled athletes about running and swimming also bring satisfaction.

It seems to me that on an athletic based forum things like politics, war, and religion have nothing to offer in terms of enhancing athletic abilities. It also seems there must be a multitude of other forums on which to debate these subjects. Hopefully those who feel the need to debate such topics will avail themselves of other forums and keep the posts here on the topic of triathlon and related sports.

Don
Quote Reply
Re: Swim-Bike-Run [Tri2HaveFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I admit to being occassionally guilty of going off on tangents if there is a post that is irrelevant to tri. I never start those posts but have tended to be quick to post my opinion as have many others here.

The lesson learned from this is that tri-geeks come in all stripes, representing the diversity of the society in which we live. So maybe debating other things besides tri upon occassion isn't necessarily a bad thing in as much as it makes us realize that although we have differences we also have a lot in common, particularly an interest in tri. This way we can realize that our "enemies" with different opinions aren't all that different from us.

My dad always had a saying "wouldn't the world be a boring place if we all thought the same."
Quote Reply
Re: Swim-Bike-Run [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"My dad always had a saying "wouldn't the world be a boring place if we all thought the same." "

Your dad wad right. However, there is much difference of opinion in things pertaining to our sport without delving into off topic issues. They really have no business being debated in this forum and there are certainly many places that would be more appropriate. Can you imagine what people on a political or religious forum would think if triathlon were to suddenly be debated? There is a place for everything and this forum is not the place to debate political or religious viewpoints.

Don
Quote Reply
Re: Swim-Bike-Run [Tri2HaveFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"this forum is not the place to debate political or religious viewpoints."

Point taken. I agree.
Quote Reply